DEFTONES Performing Two Albums In Their Entirety This Friday

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, DEFTONES will perform both its classic 1997 album "Around The Fur" and its latest effort, 2010's "Diamond Eyes", in their entirety on Friday (April 15) at a show in Portland, Oregon. This is the only stop on the group's current live run at which this special performance will take place. The band's North American headlining tour kicks off on Thursday (April 14) in Seattle, finishing up two months later on June 13 in San Francisco.

DEFTONES has been getting rave reviews for its recent live performances and drummer Abe Cunningham told The Pulse Of Radio that he thinks the band is playing much better now than it has in the past. "I think at this point we've just really been enjoying ourselves so much more than we have in years, and playing good too, you know," he said. "Trying to be as consistent as possible. And I think it's a live experience, there's always room for a little of this and a little of that, but, you know, we've just been really enjoying ourselves, and I think, you know, that comes through in the live show now."

DEFTONES will also release a vinyl edition of "Around The Fur", the band's second album, on May 17.

Bassist Chi Cheng remains in a semi-comatose state after suffering severe injuries more than two years ago in a car accident. His replacement in the band is Sergio Vega.

The band will also release a covers album for Record Store Day on Saturday (April 16). Titled "Covers", it will include DEFTONES versions of tunes from THE CURE, THE SMITHS, LYNYRD SKYNYRD and DURAN DURAN and others.

deftones2010.jpg

More...