DEICIDE cancel "Scars Of The Crucifix" tour

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
Florida's DEICIDE have walked out on their "Scars Of The Crucifix" European tour a matter of hours before the first show.

An official statement from Earache Records reads:

"After a performance at the Dynamo festival on June 5, the band entered the U.K. but declined to play the London show on June 8 — opting instead to fly home to Florida, citing their anger and frustration at the transportation and financial arrangements provided by the tour agent. It does not affect any other shows DEICIDE have booked in the USA."

While the booking agent, Metallysee have released the following:

"Yesterday, Tuesday 8th June, DEICIDE abruptly walked out on the eve of their European tour. They were scheduled to play London last night but, instead, they were in Heathrow airport waiting for a flight to the U.S.

A statement has already been made by the band's label, Earache Records, so we felt it necessary to issue our own.

The problems began last week when Glen Benton contacted us demanding a very sizeable increase in the band's wage per show. If this was not forthcoming, the band would cancel. So, left with no choice, we had to give in to their ridiculous demand. The fees had already been agreed with regional agents and promoters so we at Metallysee were being forced to foot this extra expense ourselves. But it was this or no tour at all so we had very little choice.

However, yesterday 8th June, the band decided to demand even more money - effectively, they were looking for double the amount originally agreed. This simply was not possible for 2 reasons: 1) Financially 2) We cannot allow ourselves to be 'bullied' in this manner after already giving in once to their demands.

Coupled with the financial wrangles, the band decided the transportation was not good enough - the main problem being the air conditioning being faulty on the bus. This was something that could have been fixed and surely not a reason to pull a tour.

So, in the end, the band unloaded their gear and headed for home, leaving 3 support bands, agents, promoters and of course the fans truly cheated (and in the case of ourselves, the agents and promoters, seriously out of pocket).

We now feel that we can never work with this band again and would like to apologise to everyone affected by the unreasonable behaviour of Deicide."

well thats just typical, i feel sorry for my friend and bandmember Robert who is also playing the bassguitar in In Aeternum who was one of the supporting bands on this tour, I am positive that he and the rest of the guys in In Aeternum, Mystic Circle and Ackercoke feel very let down. Hopefully the three remaining bands can do some gigging of there own. but that will probebly not happen..

I'd feel a bit more sorry for the promoters who are losing a lot of cash over this fuck up.

I was rightly pissed off about this, considering the circumstances. I think their demands/reasons were over the top on such short notice. As for the support bands, I would gladly have gone to the gig just for them. If Deicide played or not, I couldn't care. As far as I can tell, they seem to have more interest in money than their music and supporters.

Mal

well,this wasnt any surprise to anybody i guess..since Deicide are fucking greedy.

Here's my version of earache's statement "Deicide are such assholes they forced us to cancel their tour, what do you expect from guys that want to kill God."

I personally know people that have met members of Deicide and they are fucking assholes. Good Riddance is right. They are an over rated band with unoriginal lyrics about sticking their pety problems on God. I remember reading an interview with the vocalist/bassist in mag and he said that at one show he kick the mic stand into the crowd and started beating the shit outa pepple with it. Why? you might be asking. He ran outa alchohol, Jack Daniels I believe it was. Fuck that washed out lame excuss for a death metal band.

their lyrics suck and their music is nothing compared to all the many, MANY other bands out in the world.

Realise I am late to cover thisfound out Deicide are planning to come back in a month or so playing London, Nottingham. I urge everyone not to turn up. I turned up at the last gig after wasting several hard earned pounds on travel to find be handed out the statement that Russel had posted at the top of this thread. I have bought every Deicide album since day one and been a big follower until now. I will never buy another Deicide Cd, T shirt again........bunch of wankers

Not suprising...I saw Deicide about 3 years ago with Marduk...Marduk blew them away. Marduk came on stage and played with unbelievable energy...like it was going to be their last show or something. Then after waiting like an hour, Deicide finally decided to play and it was about as boring as it gets...a bunch of puppets up there. I like their music but what a bunch of wannabe rock stars!

The rest of the guys in Deicide maybe cool people, but it can be agreed that Glen Benton's a whiny little bitch. This is gonna end up biting him in the ass if it hasn't already.

I, too, was supposed to see Deicide tomorrow night in Pittsburgh, PA (US). However, they cancelled that show as well. What the hell is up with them, I was actually looking forward to that show, since I've never seen them live. Oh well, I say F*CK DEICIDE!!!

murderinmind said:
well thats just typical, i feel sorry for my friend and bandmember Robert who is also playing the bassguitar in In Aeternum who was one of the supporting bands on this tour, I am positive that he and the rest of the guys in In Aeternum, Mystic Circle and Ackercoke feel very let down. Hopefully the three remaining bands can do some gigging of there own. but that will probebly not happen..

All three of those bands, and Deicide, suck. Why should we care about any of them?

i guess just last week, anyway it was a pretty boring show, serpents of the light was cool. Jungle rot did good, Cattle decapatation was alright and goatwhore had afew good songs. Nothing special.
But death metal as a whole is pretty boring, morbid angel and suffocation show a few months back was just as boring. Satyricon stole the show.