DEICIDE - In Torment In Hell

Pazuzu71

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2001
TEXAS
Visit site
The once mighty DEICIDE, have lost their edge.
I still love 'Deicide', 'Legion', 'O.U.T.C.', and 'Serpents..', but their newer music (Insineratehymn, and Torment) is just LAME.
Seems like the old boys have lost it. Their new music lacks energy, BIGTIME.
Hell, this past tour, they even lacked energy onstage. Standing around like a bunch of manequins.....
Time to retire fellas. Go out with some dignity, before you fall into the ranks of other washed-up has-beens (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, etc.)

They´ve got a reason for all this...Pretty lame though because it hurts the fans.

They and their label more or less hate each other, so Deicide rushed these two last albums just get of the label as soon as possible! They´re not exactly proud of the material, maybe that´s why they hardly play anything from these two albums live?

Ah well. I hope Glenn & the rest will keep their promise
that the next album will be more like the debut.

Yeah, their recent stuff pales in comparison to older shit.
I will say that In TOrment in Hell is better than Insinteratehyme (which absloutely sucks ass!!), and has a few decent moments, but yeah, nothing great.

I too hope they come back with the next one, but I think Glen BEnton left to work with Vital Remains, right?? A Bentonless deicide??

yeah Deicide is dead, there last half way good album was once uppon the cross, but even that was rather dull. and serpets is over rated.

-Dead band. there's nothing deicide can offer you that Severe Torture cryptopsy or cannibal corpse cant diliver faster better and much more intrestingly :)

-Deicide - Time of Death - (LONNNNNNNG fucking time ago)
-(calling it how i see it)Necromancer

yes, Deicide sucks the ass nowadays. Insineratehymn was fucking Biker Metal as far as my ears could tell..

Deicdie is one of my favorite bands......and I liked in torment in hell a lot ...........agree that it does not osund like the old ones....but is not bad far from that........is fucking great....

glad to hear that thay are gona release a albun like the old ones!!!

fucking great

Deicide is an old favorite of mine, one of the first death metal bands I listened to back in the day. Their last couple of records sucked, but hopefully now that there on earache they can make some more kick ass death metal.

Originally posted by Blasphemer
They´ve got a reason for all this...Pretty lame though because it hurts the fans.

They and their label more or less hate each other, so Deicide rushed these two last albums just get of the label as soon as possible! They´re not exactly proud of the material, maybe that´s why they hardly play anything from these two albums live?

Ah well. I hope Glenn & the rest will keep their promise
that the next album will be more like the debut.

true..true...

Yeah their last couple of albums sucked, particularly In Torment In Hell. They were rushed albums to get off the roadrunner label. Now they are on earache with a one album at a time deal on their own terms so they will have no excuse not to be back on form. Don't give up on them yet. Judge them on their next release.

I like their ealier albums. Now they're just boring. I agree with you with Metallica and Megadeth selling out but I totally disagree about what you said for Slayer. I heard a few songs from that album and it sounded pretty good to me.

Clearly, I'm the only person here that fucking loves Deicide's past few albums... I'd agree that they may not be as original and strong as the self-titled album and Legion, however I'd say Insineratehymn and In Torment In Hell are fucking killer albums..

In Torment In Hell is a sloppy pile of cow dung...
It's the perfect title that describes how I felt listening to it...

Since they're so proud of how uninvolved they had to be making that record, and that it was just a contractual thing... gee, they should pay back the fans that bought it thinking it was going to be a "real" deicide record.

I'll have to agree with the majority; the last two albums are absolutely boring. Absolutimulto. I like nu-metal, and I like simpler death metal, but for some reason those Deicide releases seem awful to me. Maybe it's the memory of thier first 3 albums. Anyhoo, mesa sure the next album will be something to hear indeedy.

Deicide only have one decent album, and that's the first one. They never even came close to bettering the likes of 'Lunatic of God's Creation', 'Sacrificial Suicide' or 'Dead By Dawn', absolute classics.

Hating your label and rushing albums to get off is absolutely no excuse, they deserve every bit of fucking abuse they get for releasing shit albums.

Compared to the likes of Morbid Angel and Death they are a fucking one hit wonder band.

Bleakest Harvest said:
Deicide only have one decent album, and that's the first one. They never even came close to bettering the likes of 'Lunatic of God's Creation', 'Sacrificial Suicide' or 'Dead By Dawn', absolute classics.

Hating your label and rushing albums to get off is absolutely no excuse, they deserve every bit of fucking abuse they get for releasing shit albums.

Compared to the likes of Morbid Angel and Death they are a fucking one hit wonder band.

I've always thought Legion was their best. Benton admits they don't play anything live from it because it's too technical..

Translation: too hard.

Satan Spawn, The Caco Daemon

Glen's always been one to do whatever the fuck he wanted to. I guess if he figured he'd blow out a couple of albums to get out of the deal, no one was going to stop him. They could be holding back songs too for the next release. Iced Earth did that with a song called Hollowman. They said it was too good for Century Media. Anyway, I've seen Deicide a couple of times and if he doesn't like what he sees after the set, he's gone. No obligatory encores. Last time I saw them they walked back out, the crowd quieted down, and they said "Fuck it" and bailed right back off stage. That's Glen. I didn't really like the last two compared to the earlier stuff but I'm definately looking forward to the new stuff. Jesus, Psychonaut, shut the fuck up already...