Deicide reviews

Jo

May 15, 2001
Australia
"Deicide are back with the crushing Scars Of The Crucifix. So what is the deal with Deicide? I mean there’ve just made there first ever video! So have they sold out? FUCK NO! Scars Of The Crucifix is just as devastating as there pervious albums, maybe more so. And it would be cool to finely see a video from these pioneers of Death Metal. Scars Of The Crucifix bludgeons 9 blasphemous hymns to death with clear cutting technical leads that makes your eye’s pop (Just listen to the opening leads to Conquered By Sodomy) brutal riffs and sick blast beats that comes in at just over 26 minuets. There is also an ltd of Scar Of The Crucifix, which comes with a bonus DVD called Behind The Scars-Under The Skin Of Deicide. Which is a must have for Deicide maniacs. Scars Of The Crucifix also opens a new chapter in the history of Deicide as “Scars” is being released through Earache Records after leaving long time label Roadrunner records." - 5-5

I guess iam going to have to buy scars of this website cause the music stores around my shit town wont carry any deicide material due to a "lack of musical interest" not even HMV carry's this album in stock. Fucking loosers meanwhile all this Justin Timberlake and Lincoln Park and metoolica sell like hot cakes. I ask the guy at HMV "where is Deicide?" he is like "um...........who?" "we dont carry any hard core material he said and he told me if i wanted "underground metal" i need to go to a special store somewhere in downtown Toronto to find it. I was like ok this music store is the most comercialy versatile store and issupposed to have almost everything but wont carry the best death metal band around? They have morbids Heretic but dont have Deicide?I am ticked off cause i just got paid and want to PURCHASE this album cause its good and worth my cash and they wont carry it? fuck them! The leads on Conqoured by Sodomy are deathly sick, have you heard When heaven Burns or Go Now Your Lord is Dead? Your Lord Is Dead sounds like they are striking the strings differently seems like they are speed playing it clean instead of muting the strings like the always do. Very interesting for Deicide, they kinda sound like black metal if you ask me, its like the album has some creative variation, i am extremly impressed with this Album, Deicide just prooved themsleves so for those that thuoghtthey sucked they werent really fans, just hungry animals waiting to be fed.

dude your first problem is shopping at hmv. that store is capital of gay culture and music memorablia.

go to the indie stores, you get better service, prices and 9 times out 10 a better selection. if they dont got what you want pre-order it.

not true at all

dude i live in toronto....you wanna know where to go for metal...... HMV lol
you know where the Eaton Center is downtown....well there is a huuuge HMV right by the eaton center on younge street.its beside a big sam the record man too
go up stairs and head to where the big window is
theres LOTS of metal :D

ive been there before, all cds are 24.99 and up.
i seen deeds of flesh for 28.99..... deeds sell their cds wholesale for $8 u.s. a piece, and if you buy over 50 at a time i believe its $5 u.s. so hmv's markup is well over 100% youre better off buying shit off the internet instead of paying those insane prices.

want to know where to go for metal in toronto, look here: http://metalshops.netfirms.com/canada/canada.htm scroll down to ontario.

youre ripping yourself off by shopping at hmv.

well some ppl don't have the access to a credit card, i know i dont...it didnt seem like he did either or else he would have just said he would order it in the first place....i pay high prices for cds yes....but i like them so im going to continue buying them

who said anything about needing a credit card? i order online (occasionally, i prefer actually buying and receiving the cd in the same second) and ive never came across a place that takes strictly credit cards.

i only pay with money orders.

if you are into buying cds you should check some of those places out on that metal shops' site, ive been to quite a few of them the last time i was in toronto, and most have a pretty good selection with varied prices (superior to hmv if you ask me)

and if you are ever in kitchener, you should definately check out encore records, they have an amazing metal section, always a bunch used and a decent selection of t-shirts. (encore's cds range from 19.99-22.99)

Hey man thanks for your help, i finally got the cd from a record store in my mall out of all places and they got me the cd and the dvd.My mistake was i wasnt patient HMV does carry scars now and i just didnt wait. Like no record store wouldnt carry scars are they CRAZY? hahahaha, i love this fucking album and i love bashing my fucking head and learning how to play the songs..........something weird thuogh........their not that hard to play...does clear production make that much of a difference or did Deicide go with simpler riffs played in deathly sequence? I notice Deicides guitaring schemes arent to hard but their timing is wierd and hard to play at times. Example, Kill the christian i know its not off their new one but its a pretty hard song to play and also Once Upon The Cross. Scars of the crucifix isntthat hard, i kmnow the beggining riffs and the main chrous butthe timing is hard and the tap solos are really bizarre. Enchanted Nightmare isnt to hard to play either except for the parts where the solos play, its like a vibrato pull off hammer on combo played really fast then theirs scale changing but with the same notes played, really wierd but so fantasticaly cool and facinating.