Deicide - Stench Of Redemption review

This beats the blah out of Once Upon The Cross in my eyes. Once Upon The Cross sounds about the same on every song (in my eyes). The Stench Of Redemption has... variation. Plus the album is like a combo of thrash and death metal. That's another + to me. The shredding really kills. The drummer is also realllly good also off this album. Not Of This Earth is a good example it sounds like a tree getting cut down with the drums. But yea that's what I think. To me this is the album of the year.

Blue_Jay said:
This beats the blah out of Once Upon The Cross in my eyes. Once Upon The Cross sounds about the same on every song (in my eyes). The Stench Of Redemption has... variation. Plus the album is like a combo of thrash and death metal. That's another + to me. The shredding really kills. The drummer is also realllly good also off this album. Not Of This Earth is a good example it sounds like a tree getting cut down with the drums. But yea that's what I think. To me this is the album of the year.

its not a combo of death and thrash. its just death metal.

Authentic Metalhead said:
I take back all (well, most of) the bad things I said about this album. Setting my hatred for Deicide's lame "Satanic" views aside, I realized that this is one hell of an album.

If we'll pardon the pun? :Smug: :lol:

Yeah I'll be checking this out as well, I've heard good things from a number of people now...

If we'll pardon the pun?

Yeah I'll be checking this out as well, I've heard good things from a number of people now...

Maybe you shoundn't. I'm having a hard time listening to Deicide's older stuff now after listening to this album. It's like all of their other stuff is obsolete now and that's really sad.

Blue_Jay said:
Maybe you shoundn't. I'm having a hard time listening to Deicide's older stuff now after listening to this album. It's like all of their other stuff is obsolete now and that's really sad.

Surely not.

Well at least you have reliable taste in slam metal...

Not having heard previous or later albums, I had no expectations, and I found the album to be something different, not saying it's my favourite, or one of my top death metal albums, I found it enjoyable enough.

needless to say I don't have the album anymore and I'm to lazy to get it again.