deicide

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
deicide is going on tour and lets hear what everyone thinks about them, plus does anyone know the band website, anywhere else to find info on them, and also any common setlists cause i like to know waht to expect.

http://www.deicide.tv/

It's a crappy crappy website, be warned.

Back when Deicide came out, I thought they were amazing, the first album and Legion specifically. For some reason, and I honestly can't remember why, I lost interest in them after that. Over time, again for unknown reason, I formed the opinion that everything after Legion was crap. Well... a couple of years ago I starting hearing those albums, while they are nothing amazing, I do enjoy all of them.

Bottom line: I think the first two are great, and classics. Their other albums are good, solid death metal. I look forward to the new record.

I hate that band with a bloody passion. I admit their ealier work was better but I hate how fake that band is.

MURAI said:
I hate that band with a bloody passion. I admit their ealier work was better but I hate how fake that band is.

better is a relative term. better than shit is still shit. glen benton is a ridiculous wanker, and not only is his schtick tired, but his music is as well.

I like Deicide save for the last two albums. The self titled and Legion are amazing but I like Serpents Of The Light as well. Glen's growing dissatisfaction with his label was shining through on the last couple of records as it seems he was writing music just to fulfill the contract but I have high hopes for the new one, as it could be a new beginning for the band. In concert, it depends on Glen's mood. If he's in a bad mood, don't expect an encore but if he's in a good one, it's a great show. They play a lot from their early works too which is great to watch.

ole glenn is an interesting fellow. i interviewed him once (can't say it was the best interview that i had ever done) yea he did seem like a bit of a dick! but all in all he was just a normal dude...... just like his music very, normal! there is nothing really great about his band, yea they were at the top of the death metal heap in the early 90's but now!!! every album sounds exactly the same!
Boring!!!

I bought one of their albums when I was about 14 (Legion I think) and I was well impressed with the satanic stuff in my adolescent way. Unfortunately, I thought the music was shite even though I liked Death and Morbid Angel.
Deicide are a good comedy band.

Wow, before I opened this forum I thought I'd be the only one saying how much I despise them...but yeah, Deicide is really nothing special, and I hate how they're so overrated.

Deicide is good. They have some kick ass riffs. What makes a band FAKE? Lots of bands sing about shit that they don't follow and they are loved just the same. Take Slayer for instance and lots of Gore bands.

Yeah, they suck. It's not that I don't like them(although I don't). They really do suck.

I don't like Morbid angel or the first few Death albums, but they are loaded with talent. Okay, actually all Morbid Angel had was Pete Sandoval, but still...my point is that the bands deserve to have fans.

Deicide deserve to die. And be sent to Heaven. Damn, they would hate that, wouldn't they?

Psychonaut said:
I like Deicide save for the last two albums. The self titled and Legion are amazing but I like Serpents Of The Light as well. Glen's growing dissatisfaction with his label was shining through on the last couple of records as it seems he was writing music just to fulfill the contract but I have high hopes for the new one, as it could be a new beginning for the band. In concert, it depends on Glen's mood. If he's in a bad mood, don't expect an encore but if he's in a good one, it's a great show. They play a lot from their early works too which is great to watch.

^^^^^