Information needed regarding Hoffman's leaving Deicide.

They fell out with Glen - apparently he can't play the bass. I think they're all fucked up on drink/drugs. Hope they get back together though - Scars was a great album, as was VR's "Dechristianize". Both bands working seperately again would be nice.

I was searching the internet and kept looking under Deicide and saw something where the Hoffman brothers thought Glenn wasn't professional and that they were tired of him cancelling shows and tours or something to that affect. I looked for it again the other night but couldn't find the site, interview, etc.... I was supposed to see Deicide with Superjoint Ritual and Zeke, saw the show and their was no Deicide because there spot on this tour was apparently cancelled. Can anyone confirm/support/or deny this?

Sorry pal, this place is practically dead, I doubt you'll get an answer. Try posting for info in the General Music Discussion forum section. As far as I'm aware Deicide continued with the two guys from Vital Remains as members, but have now brought in two different guitarists (one ex-Cannibal Corpse, not sure who the other is) so I don't know why they'd cancel any shows.

Stormwatch said:
They fell out with Glen - apparently he can't play the bass. I think they're all fucked up on drink/drugs.

They're burnt out on not getting paid enough to be able to maintain artistic freedom.

That, my friends, is one reason metal is dead...

Although it's kind of late to answer now, when I went to see Deicide a few years ago, the show was cancelled because the Hoffman's didn't show up. I spoke to Glen, who was there, and he was mad at them because of it, but later I heard from many people that the Glen was the one who had fucked it up, and blamed everything on him. So I take all the shit I hear about him lightly now.

And I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk shit about Steve, though he doesn't get nearly enough credit.