Looking Forward To Another Deicide Show...

LordOrion

Child of the Underworld
Aug 11, 2004
Hails,

First heard Deicide back in 1991, was 21 at the time. I had just bought Deicide". I brought it over to a friends house, and played it there for the first time, and was literally blown away! Now, some 13 yrs later, I still have to say Deicide is one of my favorite bands! Yeah, OK... I guess I coulda posted that on the "Hearing Deicide For the 1st Time" thread. But, I wanted to start a new thread where we could discuss our experiences of seeing them live!

I live in the great city of Chicago, and this affords me the opportunity to see plenty of shows. I have now seen Deicide 5 times, and am looking forward to my sixth. The thing that makes the sixth show great, is that I finally talked my wife into going to a Deicide show!

Earlier in the year, when some of us thought that Deicide was touring with those useless bastards of SuperJointRitual, I had purchased my tickets way in advance. That was supposed to be the first time I'd be able to drag my wife to a live metal show! Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, Deicide pulled out of the tour. I did not know this until I was already at the House of Blues. I, for one, am glad Deicide did pull out of that tour, because SJR does not deserve to share the same stage with Deicide, IMHO! I was obviously out the money for the tickets, but Zeke did put on a good show! Pissed off, I left after SJR was in the middle of their second song. All in all, it was a positive thing, because my wife enjoyed the show up until SJR, and she promises to go to more shows in the future. When I got home, I sent an email to Steve, Glenn and the US Press Manager, inquiring to why Deicide did not perform. To my utter surprise, and pleasure, Steve responds to my email with a full explanation on what happened! How cool is that? He and I exchanged a few more emails afterwards. THANKS STEVE!

A month or so later, I find out that Vital Remains is coming to Chicago, so... I grabbed my tickets, went to the show, and my wife and I had an awesome time!

September 27th, 2004, Deicide will be back in Chicago, and I am getting my tickets tomorrow!!!

hey man, too me Deicide is the best sounding live metal band around.......well actualy second to cannibal but you know what i mean. I seen Deicide by fluke actualy cause they were opening up for some other band. They played fucking violently and i noticed the hoffman bros play really tight. If anyone knows Deicide they know they are known for one major aspect a lot of metal bands cant perfect, neat clean tight playing. Steve Asheim is brutal on the kit, notice he even physicaly plays the kit tight, the setup is really close together. Hoffmans play well but one problem.....well it isnt a problem since they sound killer but i noticed they dont seem to react to the way you would epxect a band with that kind of intensity play. In fact they seem very "bored" when they play. I dunno i just figured that you would see some serious headbanging action goin on but i guess since they play with such skill that isnt a good idea. I have tryed to bang my head and you loose control of the tone your trying to create, your hand jerks slightly and your sound changes. But anyway Deicide are one of the best sounding live metal bands i have had the privilage of seeing. Glen Benton is really versatile with his vocals changing form low growls to high pitched screams and he plays the bass really well and i noticed he tremolos with the guitarists too at most parts of the songs especialy on serpants.

All together, it was a fuckin awesome show... Jungle Rot NEVER disappoints, as they crushed out some major damage on the stage (my 4th time seeing them! Goatwhore fucking smoked (first time seeing live, heard studio shit)! Cattle Decapitation cranked the amps, as always (my 4th time seeing them). Desolation was a pleasant surprise (first time seeing and hearing them)... Onto the Gods of Godlessnes, Deicide... What can I say, except, Hail Satan Motherfuckers!!! :headbang: Pure, raw, tight and vicious!!! Belting out the classics, and closed with Scars of the Crucifix!

My only complaint was that the Deicide set seemed a little short, only played for 45 mins. Nevertheless, I'd pay to see Deicide even if they only played for 15 mins!!! They are, and will always remain one of my favorite bands!!! I am extremely happy that Deicide has signed a two record deal with Earache!!!!!! I cannot wait to hear new shit from the masters of blashpemy!

If you don't have your tickets for the Deicide show coming to area, go out and GET THEM NOW!!!