Delain

Artizan

Dec 5, 2009
Can it get better than this?

photos.php

I'm glad that people liked Delain's set. I saw every note of every band the whole weekend, and they were still likely my least favorite band. But not because of performance. I would say that they performed very strongly, but after watching them I can say with certainty that I just do not like the band. They are not for me.

I first heard the April Rain CD over a year ago, even before they were announced for PP. I thought it was good, loved "Control the Storm" but overall thought it was a bit too "pop" for me. As the fest drew nearer, I revisited the CD and it really started to grow on me and I was really looking forward to seeing them. I don't even think I can describe how good they were!:OMG: I saw a lot of great bands this weekend, this lineup was loaded, but the next day I couldn't get "Control the Storm" out of my head. The entire plane ride home and even today at work all I listened to was this CD. I really hope to see this band again, maybe Marco can get them on a US tour with Nightwish?

I must say that I wasn't paying much attention to Delain when April Rain came out. I liked the single and that was about it. Then when I got the assignment to interview Charlotte for the ProgPower program, I obviously had to revisit that release. Boy, am I glad I did. The album has been in rotation since then; I love it!!! Also, Charlotte was one of the friendliest, most down to Earth people I've ever had the pleasure to speak to, a true sweetheart. I am glad they finally made it to the States and glad that so many people enjoyed their set. They strike me as a real hardworking bands who deserves to be recognized.

I first heard the April Rain CD over a year ago, even before they were announced for PP. I thought it was good, loved "Control the Storm" but overall thought it was a bit too "pop" for me. As the fest drew nearer, I revisited the CD and it really started to grow on me and I was really looking forward to seeing them. I don't even think I can describe how good they were!:OMG: I saw a lot of great bands this weekend, this lineup was loaded, but the next day I couldn't get "Control the Storm" out of my head. The entire plane ride home and even today at work all I listened to was this CD. I really hope to see this band again, maybe Marco can get them on a US tour with Nightwish?

I know what you mean. I had Control the Storm stuck on the brain, too!!
I talked to Marco, backstage after the show...he was polite and very approachable.

I also spent a couple of hours with Delains guitarist, Ewout Pieters. This guy is greatly overlooked. He gave me some great insight into their experiences at Sonisphere, touring in general and what it is really like to perform in front of thousands of people...very cool dude. And, he loves "Wodka"...LOL

blogs.myspace.com/roadrunner_idiot

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New DELAIN studio album set for release in February 2011

Dutch metallers DELAIN have sent out a short press release.

The band announces the release of their 3rd studio album, set for release in February 2011.

More information to follow soon.

~Jen

blogs.myspace.com/roadrunner_idiot

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New DELAIN studio album set for release in February 2011

Dutch metallers DELAIN have sent out a short press release.

The band announces the release of their 3rd studio album, set for release in February 2011.

More information to follow soon.

~Jen

Thanks Jen!

We all know what a big Delain fangirl you are. Surprised I didn't see you in the pit during their set.