Demilich homepage down

WyrmTongue

Messenger of Madness
Jan 7, 2005
The site from where Demilich has been hosting their collection of works, including the full length Nespithe, is down. I had not finished completing my download of the album, and if someone does not mind, could you send the last track, "Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep" in mp3 form to extolfan@gmail.com. Much appreciated.

(from the site - http://demilich.doesntexist.com/)
Reason:
Interpol must block certain web pages when their content will interfere with an ongoing investigation or arrest process. As defined in our resolution, it is sometimes necessary to block public access to information which could jeopardize a future investigation.

Smells like bullshit to me. Why, if they were taking a website down, would they bother to reconfigure the domain to forward to a page (hosted on an unknown server with no domain name) saying so? They'd just take the machine and be done with it.

Hmm, doesntexist.com is owned by DynDNS, who provide forwarding services for those with dynamic IP addresses, which means that the website was likely hosted at someone's house. Makes it a little more plausible at least.

That fake Interpol page is hosted on a connection provided by avence.fi, which means that this is all likely to be an elaborate hoax for whatever reason.

Yeah I saw this a couple of days ago. I'm thinking "time to download some tunes" but when you get to the page you get ... Interpol? WTF?

this makes me very sad......i wanted to get the largest music files they had.....all i got were the mp3's.....damn

I'm under the impression that it's a hoax, solely because the site already appeared to be changing and Antti had started being cryptic just a little time before this happened.

I thought their record company screwed them and that's why they were distributing their mp3s for free. Maybe they're suing them....

or not, I have no idea.