Demoing my reborn Dual Rectifier tones; Cleans and Heavy Rhythm

Sounds amazing.
I have the non multi watt 3 channel and if I run my presence on ch3 red more than 10 o'clock I get a horrible static shhhhhh.
Did you notch any high mids out or have they changed the presence voicing on the "reborn" model?

To embed youtube:
[you tube]atci81XrqW4[/you tube]
I have put a space in the middle of youtube so you can see the text.
The code in the middle is the bit after the = in the youtube address

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers man!

Both the presence and gain are very different on the reborn models. I used to own an old 2ch triple, and I've used a 3ch triple in the studio before, both of which couldn't have the presence anywhere NEAR even 12, had to be kept around 10 max (as you said).

This presence control works very nicely with the rest of the amp, you can even dime it and it won't get harsh, it will just wash out the bass and mids.

Also, you'll notice the gain is really quite high for how the tone sounds. You can really crank it without it getting woolly, and it's got this odd sweet spot to it. It sounds really undergained all the way round til about 2 or 2:30, then it just kicks you in the face :lol:

Cool!

They changed the way the gain channels work too. The presence value is now 'correct' on both channels and switches for modern mode, so they're proper clones now IIRC. So Orange Modern should have the Red Modern presence value unlike before, and Red Vintage should have the Orange vintage presence value. Makes more sense for live use.

Sounded great. What are you calling the "Reborn" Dual Recto? The newest one?

Cool!

They changed the way the gain channels work too. The presence value is now 'correct' on both channels and switches for modern mode, so they're proper clones now IIRC. So Orange Modern should have the Red Modern presence value unlike before, and Red Vintage should have the Orange vintage presence value. Makes more sense for live use.

Yup! Makes a LOT more sense for live use indeed.

Sounded great. What are you calling the "Reborn" Dual Recto? The newest one?

Yeah, the 2010 multiwatt model. Mesa call it the Reborn model, it's not just something I made up :lol:

Oh hell yeah, like the music i grew up on. Nice to hear someone not swinging their djentitals around for a change.