DEMON HUNTER's RYAN CLARK Talks About 'Extremist': Part 5 Of Video Interview

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Part five of a video interview with vocalist Ryan Clark of Seattle-based Christian metallers DEMON HUNTER about the band's seventh album, "Extremist", can be seen below."Extremist" sold around 18,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 16 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released on March 18 via Solid State.DEMON HUNTER's sixth album, "True Defiance", opened with 12,500 units back in April 2011 to land at No. 36. "Extremist" track listing: 01. Death 02. Artificial Light 03. What I'm Not 04. The Last One Alive 05. I Will Fail You06. One Last Song07. Cross To Bear08. Hell Don't Need Me09. In Time10. Beyond Me11. Gasoline12. The Heart Of A GraveyardDeluxe-edition bonus songs: 13. Waste Me14. Helpless HopeIn an interview with Jesus Wired, DEMON HUNTER lead singer Ryan Clark stated about "Extremist": "I can say that it's a very mature record for us. It spans a lot of territory — so it's anything but a one-dimensional record, and I hope that's appreciated. The good thing is that it's 12 songs (14 on the deluxe)… no filler… no instrumentals… so there' a lot of varying material."He added: "Like every DEMON HUNTER record, there are a variety of styles happening on 'Extremist'. Usually, the first few songs that we release show as much of that variety as possible. With that said, there are a bunch of songs that are just as heavy as 'Artificial Light', if not heavier. There are a few songs that are melodic and moody, like 'I Will Fail You'. And there are also songs that fit somewhere in the middle… the way that 'The Last One Alive' does. If you compare these songs to some of our material in the past, say 'God Forsaken', 'Dead Flowers' and 'Fading Away', respectively, then you'll see that it's not necessarily new ground… I think the important factor is that they're hopefully better… more mature… catchier… more interesting… creative… thought-provoking."DEMON HUNTER made headlines last year for its purported association with the Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden. In an article in Esquire, the anonymous SEAL said: "I wore my DEMON HUNTER patch on every mission. I wore it when I blasted Bin Laden."Interview (part 5):
Interview (part 4):
Interview (part 3):
Interview (part 2):
Interview (part 1):
"I Will Fail You" lyric video:
"The Last One Alive" lyric video:
"Artificial Light" lyric video:
demonhunterextremistcover.jpg

More...