Demons And Wizards

I liked the Demons & Wizards release very much, but some of the songs just sounded too much like "Iced Earth with Hansi Kürsch vocals"(especially Heaven Denies and Blood On My Hands, though they are great songs) ;especially the Horror Show songs sound quite similar to me. The last few songs like Gallows Pole and Tear Down the Walls sound more like a NEW project with its own character.
I thought that the next D&W record would be released shortly after The Glorious Burden.
I don´t know if it is true, but I hope so.

Oh geez, with Hansi's vox and Schaeffer's guitar style...it was just catastrophical. I want to buy the album, but I don't think anywhere around me carries it, and I don't have much cash anyways. My fav song by D&W is probably Poor Man's Crusade though.

O-v-i-d said:
I liked the Demons & Wizards release very much, but some of the songs just sounded too much like "Iced Earth with Hansi Kürsch vocals"(especially Heaven Denies and Blood On My Hands, though they are great songs) ;especially the Horror Show songs sound quite similar to me. The last few songs like Gallows Pole and Tear Down the Walls sound more like a NEW project with its own character.
I thought that the next D&W record would be released shortly after The Glorious Burden.
I don´t know if it is true, but I hope so.
Funny you should say those 2 songs sound like a new project, as they were based on riffs Jon wrote in early Purgatory/Iced Earth songs :)

I still say fuck Jim Morris and let Andre Olbrich play lead! Why have Jon, Richard, and Jim(basically Iced) while its only Hansi. Let Andre play too! Maybe Jon will learn a few things and try to write a halfway decent lead instead of the utterly pathetic ones he writes now.

Not to mention the touring bassist will be whoever it is Jon can find to play on this next album then leave.

Rottuated said:
I love the sound, but I'm a little ticked by Hansi's voice. I know Jon could have found a better singer.

The whole project was a collaboration between Jon and Hansi, they both wrote the songs, so it makes sense that Hansi should sing.

Rottuated said:
I love the sound, but I'm a little ticked by Hansi's voice. I know Jon could have found a better singer.
Allright, no offense, but you're fucking insane. There's only one man who could EVER beat Hansi's godly vocals. And that's Matt Barlow. But then again, maybe that's because I like Hansi's singing style. Whatever.

Heh, I wish I had as good vox as Hansi or Barlow, my singing sucks compared to them, yet I'm still trying to start a band...I'm the lead vox, since I can't play anything. I'm getting my guitarist into Iced, he mainly listens to Metallica and Maiden.

*shrug*

It's not liek Hansi has a shitty voice; he's got a great voice. I know they decided TOGETHER, but it doesn't change the fact that Hansi's voice irritates me at times. It's my opinion is all.

Ah, sure thing. I don't really mind what you think, I don't care what anyone thinks so long as they don't yell at or argue with me.

The D&W debut is excellent all around. Hansi's vox compliment Jon's style very well and if worse came to worse with Blind Guardian, I'd bet these two would be smart enough to wanna work together on a full-time basis. Jon knows that Hansi's the smart one of the two so he'd swallow some of his pride and let Hansi wear the pants in the partnership. Sorry, I'm just talking smack and I don't seriously think that.