Demons & Wizards

joshp

New Metal Member
Mar 29, 2003
Vancouver
www.icedearth.com
Just wondering what people think of Demons and Wizards...

Personally I thought it was a really cool mix between the bands, although musically it sounds veery similar to Iced Earth, but lyrically I would say more Blind Guardian. It sounds similar to both bands but yet different somehow...

hehe funny you should bring them up, I've had Blood on my Hands stuck in my head all day (not that Im complaining tho hehehe).

At first I didnt know what to make of it because it really doesnt sound like BG or IE, though I do agree its musically more similar to IE. Overall, it is a different beast entirely and I love it (Hansi is god) :headbang:

.I just wish they would release more stuff, and tour, and yadada. But of course, the bands are busy with their own bands.

D&W kicks ass. I remember the thing that got me hooked was when it was playing in the background and the outro to Fiddler was playing (the one that is at the very end of the song... you know the one) and that just grabbed my attention and i was like "YES!!!!" Goddamn i love that album.

They have toured before, but only europe... goddamit, bring that over here to North America!.

Im pretty sure Schaffer is writing the next D&W cd though, or has written it. Well Iced Earth is recording right now, but I think i heard somewhere that Schaffer is gonna try to record D&W after that.

Yeah, schaffer has written/is writing the next D&W and has sent some stuff to hansi. Recording should be shortly after iced earth's album i would guess... between the release of Glorious burdon and touring.

Hmm... I hope the new Demons and Wizards album will be completed before IE finishes with The Glorious Burden now that Barlow's gone... I'd hate for that to be delayed as well. I know Schaffer was planning on finishing and releasing TGB first, but now...

Oh well, I can't wait to hear it.

I just downloaded some D&W last night as a result of this thread, i had never heard of them before.. but dayum!! they kick ass!! IMO they are better than both IE or BG..(the singers vocals are better i think), so i am looking forward to hearing more of them (still downloading some stuff as i type)