Dendura at the WGRD bootleg bash

Fire Spirit

Aug 6, 2007
Grand Rapids Mi
redthorian.org
I was able to see Dendura at the WGRD Bootleg bash in Grand Rapids Michigan last night and they rocked the house. I realize that most of the people were there to see the "alternative rock" bands but I looked around and saw a lot of this :kickass: going on as well! I think they hit a new fan base with that venue. I was mesmerized by Aziza's powerful vocals, add in the heavy beat, mix it up with the tempo variety and I went from just listening to feeling like a part of the music. It was a wild ride!

They played a new song, Lady of War which is about Sekhmet and I just have to hear that one again. I saw on their site they won't be back on tour until at least spring though, so hopefully there will be anew CD to go along with it.

I read about the show on their myspace, but couldn't go :mad: (I live in Chicago)... are there any plans to post "Lady of War" online so the rest of us can hear it too? :)

Hopefully next spring they can make it out to Chi town!

The WGRD Bootleg Bash is a compilation CD that local rock station WGRD puts out on a yearly basis to help out a different nonprofit each year. This year they have chosen Cherry Street Health Services here in Grand Rapids, which is an organization that helps get low income families the health services they need.

As far as any plans to post "Lady of War" online, not at the present, but look for it in the not to distant future. Keep tuned into the bands myspace site. Also, Dendura will be coming to Chicago next year.

I read about the show on their myspace, but couldn't go :mad: (I live in Chicago)... are there any plans to post "Lady of War" online so the rest of us can hear it too? :)
I have the lyrics up on my Myspace page (with permission of course) you can read them there. http://myspace.com/purplefirespirit As for getting a copy of it, I guess we will be waiting for the new CD to come out in the fall. Personally, I dont think I can wait that long since it's about the Goddess Sekhmet and I want to use it for meditation! Can you imagine the attention that will get me? :Smug: Although Her attention isn't always a good thing. :ill: