Dennis leaving Sun Caged?!?

Yes, it's true :(

Here's the official statement from the newsletter:
Sun Caged parts ways with drummer Dennis Leeflang.

Read Dennis’ statement below:

“After almost five years, three demo-cd’s, one album and 61 shows, I am no longer
part of Sun Caged. This was a mutual agreement between myself and the rest of the
band.

When you realize that you’ve grown apart as friends, as well as musicians, and you
just don’t seem to be able to grow back together, the only fair decision to make is
to part ways.
I’ve had some great times in Sun Caged, especially doing the awesome live shows I
did with the band, for which I’m very grateful. I’ve learned a lot in these years,
musically as well as on a personal level.

For now, I’m focusing on my work for the Headway festival, which takes place in
April 2004. It promises to become quite a party once again.
I will be back with a new band next year, which I’ve already formed with a couple of
friends. This will be something completely different. Keep an eye on
www.thesaturnine.com.

I would like to thank Lasse Mattson at Lion Music and the fans for their support. I
also wish the guys in Sun Caged all the best for the future.

Hope to see you all again, sometime, somewhere!

Cheers,

Dennis Leeflang
December 15th 2003”

We would like to thank Dennis for the past years for all the work he has put into
the band, and we wish him the best for the future.

More news, which will have the announcement for the new drummer, will be posted soon.

Rob, Andre, Joost and Marcel, on behalf of Sun Caged.

http://www.suncaged.com

As I said in a mail to him, it's too bad, but not the end. There will be new opportunities and a new band :) I expected it somehow to happen and I think it was the right decision. I'm really looking forward to hearing from the Saturnine and I'm wondering about who's going to replace him... I can think of some names, but I'll wait until there's more news from the band :)

Thanks Dennis! :)

If decisions like these are made, it's usually because it's better for both in the end ;) There must have been reasons and, since it made Dennis leave SC, those reasons must have been serious.... If things don't work out, try to solve the problems. If those problems can't be solved, go do something else ;)

I still think this is too bad. However *if* a replacement must be found, I hope they find one fast. A long search could hold back the band :(

Dennis, I wish you all the best.

Just wanted to drop a quick THANKS!! to all the loyal fans here on the forum.
It's been a great (almost) 5 years. You guys rock!

Keep an eye on my new band The Saturnine. We're working hard on our first demo, and our first show is already confirmed. More details on the website soon...!

Also, the Headway line-up is now complete. Please check www.headwayfestival.com for more info.

Cheers!

Dennis

I am *extremely* sad to hear this news. :( Dennis was the first ever member of Sun Caged whom I met online over two years ago, and he was a vert cool guy. He was always eager to talk to the fans, answer your questions, and even send them out their out of print demos. I sort of interviewed him for a magazine here about a week ago, and all seemed fine, and now this. It was like this band really had something special about it. The way Dennis and Marcel formed it writing songs together with a variety of other musicans and singers. Releasing demos and their first EP. Then after all those years of hardwork, finally things were starting to pay off, and the full-length came out. And now after only two months of its release, Dennis is gone. I do not know why and how this happened, but I sure as hell am terribly disappointed. When I reviewed the Sun Caged CD for the magazine I write, I awesome a drummer this band had, and now he's gone. I wish him and SC all the best in their future career. :(