Derbys ONLY black metal band

Cruel Humanity

Creature Of Fear
Nov 25, 2002
DERBY
www.cruelhumanity.com
Cruel Humanity are Derbys Only Black Metal band ... and we all live with in spitting distance of the Assembly rooms.

You can download our entire (latest) demo from the website.
but note that since this demo was recorded (in the bass player front room) the sound quality sucks.
We've also regained our drummer ... so our sound is now MUCH MUCH heavier

we have supported several signed bands including
Old Man's Child,
Einherjer,
the Blood Divine,
Orange Goblin,
Defenestration
and most recently RETURN to the SABBAT.

==================================

Anyway heres a couple of reviews

it's fucking cool! A great piece of work.
BLODU OK JARNA!

BYRON - BAL-SAGOTH

"Part of their sound is reminiscent of Bal-Sagoth, some of mid-career Dimmu Borgir "

www.blackmetalweb.com

" They have taken black metal and added hint’s of techno and industrial electronics"

www.derbymusic.com

"Although this band would almost certainly be classed as black metal, they seem to have found their own niche within the genre - an impressive feat in today’s music industry"

DJ Clare Elderkin - Sheffield Corporation

see what you think ??

www.cruelhumanity.com

if you think we should play this year ... do us a favor a say so.
Support the UK underground ... before it curls up and dies a sorry death

The pre apocalyptic stare is a class track; its different to most black metal i listen to...in a good way. I like the futuristic kinda sound uve got, its refreshing change. The production could b abit better, but that may not be down to you guys. Hope u get the gig at BS03 cos id certainly like to hear u guys there. Im currently downloading the rest of ur tracks. u got somthing good goin here keep it up.

Hmmm. Not sure I'd call it black metal. The vocals are right (although I prefer some clean vocals mixed in -- c.f., Dimmu Borgir or Borknagar), but the music isn't really what I'd call black metal. Still, whatever you chose to call it, it sounds pretty good to me, and I think you'd make a welcome addition to BS03.

black metal is more somthing people label us as. WE dont really class ourselves as black metal ... just metal. then you get reviews back saying "black metal" ??? whats to do? ?

anyway glad you like it hope to see @ BS03

Hey - me and my two mates from Brum met some members of your band outside Bloodstock before the doors opened! We were in the queue in front of you and we noticed one of your guys had on a Graveland "Thousand Swords" shirt, so we got talking to him and the rest of his crowd! Two of your groups girlfriends wrote "Cunt" on my mate's forehead when he was pissed and half concious, which we didn't think was that funny. He was even more pissed off when he woke up and realised he'd missed Bal Sagoth. Still, you seemed like nice guys and obviously have a good taste in music, though I haven't heard any of your own tracks yet...

Maybe see you at next year's Bloodstock then!?

yeah ... ermmm that was my mrs ... sorry dude. i think she wrote FUKT ... she really didn't mean any harm by it. she nearly got us kicked out of mean fiddler the other week and can be a hand at the best of times.

did Tom (dude with graveland shirt) not give you a cd?

Pretty good. Reminds me of a bleaker version of Kovenant (Covenant, whatever :p). Except that you are good.

Lol.

Anyway, you'd be a welcome addition to Bloodstock.

And yes, the UK Underground does need to be supported.

In a somewhat bizarre coincidence, I've been tidying up my paperwork over the festive season. Well OK, so I've been trying to find the details to use to fill in my tax return, but whatever. Anyway, I came across a Cruel Humanity flyer that I'd picked up at a gig (at the Underworld, IIRC). It prompted me to listen to your MP3s again. I still think you need to add in some clean vocal highlights, but it's definitely promising stuff...

readerspoll2002small.jpg

6th

Thanks to everyone who voted for us ... ??? ... who you are we dont know ... but thanks dudes and dudets. it makes it all worth while