Derek Sherinians New Cd - Mythology

PRauhala

yeah.. Miles
Feb 11, 2004
Finland, Vimpeli
Anyone else heard it? You can hear they have taked influenses from Meshuggah. There is more heavier guitar sounds, but Lots of same Planet X chords. Yeah and Virgil Donati and MacAlpine isnt in it. There is good musicians: Zakk Wylde, Steve Stevens, Allan Holdsworth, John Sykes, Steve Lukather, Simon Phillips, Tony Franklin, Marco Mendoza, Rufus Philpot, Jerry Goodman, Brian Tichy. Its good thing that Holdsworth is there. Plays really insane things sometimes. Its more simply than the other Sherinian cds. More 4\4. Good Cd!

I've heard all the tunes (friend sent them to me as mp3's), and it's one kickass CD. I'm definitely buying it when it comes out. It's got nice heavy moments on it, so fans of the Black Utopia type stuff will like it, but it's not as guitar-oriented as Black Utopia so the people who complained about that will like it much better.

I love it...I'm anxious to see what the rest of the music community thinks when it is finally released. I've never felt that Derek got the credit he deserves. He's one of the greatest musical minds out there right now, and one hell of a keyboardist. Definitely a force to be reckoned with, but he's very underrated unfortuneately.