Desert Island commercial PlugIns?

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
Title says it all....as someone who tends to work mostly with freeware plugins I'm curious what you guys would consider your top 3 commercial plugins (whether it's some waves bundle or just a 10€ independent developer product) that you just can't live without anymore? Comps, FX, Drum Software, EQs, Mastering Stuff, anything.

Mine are aptrigga, Steven Slate Drums & Metal Machine EZX. Couldn't live without any of them.

Desert Island? As in "I can only use those 3 besides the stock plugins of my DAW for mixing"?
- Waves CLA Compressors
- Valhalla VintageVerb. No, wait, VRoom. No, wait, VintageVerb, No, wait... can't decide :)
- Waves SSL Bundle (on the Desert Island mostly for the Buss Compressor, but the G-Channel is so convenient to use)

If I had nothing to mix and it would be just me and my guitar jamming under the palmtrees:
- Superior Drummer
- Amplitube (/w the Orange amps)

so you use both trigger and massey drt in your workflow? care to elaborate on the uses for each?

convert shells to MIDI for easy velocity adjustment.

The latest version of DRT converts abut 97% of the samples to midi accurately in my experience, so If I'm blending sample with drum mics, there are about 3% of the MIDI notes that I'll have to phase align manually.

Worth it in my opinion, since it's so fast doing velocity automation for the samples.