Desolation of Eden(Chelsea Grin) huge production?

Hmmm... While I agree Oceano is one of the best deathcore productions it's such a mediocre band. I almost feel like they wasted great production talent on a sucky band.

It's literally one of the only albums I've heard where a POD tone wowed me.

I don't think I could say Oceano is sucky. but they have some shaping up to do, yes.
their vocals are what makes their music work. I've heard worse attempts at deathcore.
they kinda stick to a method that works. and it really works for them. at least it seems to considering some of the crowd reactions I've seen. which honestly isn't wrong. take it or leave it.

and the term "generic" should be banned by the supreme court because of it's overuse by musicians. musicians put each other down more than any other trade.

instead of hating them for being generic and unoriginal, lets give them a pat on the back for letting joey use them to make a great deathcore production that we can all reference mix with.

I don't think I could say Oceano is sucky. but they have some shaping up to do, yes.
their vocals are what makes their music work. I've heard worse attempts at deathcore.
they kinda stick to a method that works. and it really works for them. at least it seems to considering some of the crowd reactions I've seen. which honestly isn't wrong. take it or leave it.

and the term "generic" should be banned by the supreme court because of it's overuse by musicians. musicians put each other down more than any other trade.

instead of hating them for being generic and unoriginal, lets give them a pat on the back for letting joey use them to make a great deathcore production that we can all reference mix with.

+1 to all of this

Never cared much for this mix either...like a lot of mixes, it sounds decent through "consumer" speakers/headphones, but when listened to on monitors in a proper acoustic environment it sounds pretty wack. Guitars fill up a pretty weird frequency range. Im 98% the kick drum sample is a kick included with Reason from the "groovemasters kit." Very unique sounding, i recognized it the second i heard it.