Despised Icon - Day of Mourning

I dunno.. I have a super old block letter 5150 and it sounds noticeably different from my 6505. Ive swapped tubes between the two and they still sound different. The 5150 is a lot more saturated in the low end and sounds bigger and the 6505 is tighter and seems to react faster. Their could very well be something slightly wrong with my 5150 (its super old and missing most of its knobs and been on a million shitty tours) but it still sounds good.. just different from my 6505.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that the 6505 is tighter than the 5150 before. I'll have to try to compare one to my 5150 sometime...

Andreas, what mic position you used and how loud post gain was set? Day of Mourning guitars my favorite tone at all times!!!!

Red Planet said:
Have you tested the difference between just using one sample and all four? I could see the mix buss comp and mastering chain making each hit slightly different but all of those samples are the same hit. I generally try and use multi hit samples but when it comes down to super fast 32nd note double bass the low end can sound weird when its going back and forth between the same couple of samples.

No I haven't, I may try to check that out some time though. By that way, regardless of you wanting to go back and remix and whatnot, you did an incredible job on the DoM mix man.