Destroy Destroy Destroy

OvalShapedIncision

Laughing Elf Man
Nov 1, 2009
Alright, so I'm addicted to this band. Or at least to their latest album.
The music could be described as viking melodic death/power/thrash metal, but hear for yourself.
You might like them.

Myspace

I'd say both are equally bad but for different reasons. I personally believe though that if it wasn't for that Attack Attack video, the band wouldn't be such a gigantic joke.

regardless of the video, that song has fucking autotuned emo singing, dance beats, a couple gay happy riffs and the rest breakdowns (seriously, theres like 5+ breakdowns). its basically every horrible trend of the last few years thrown together to make something even worse. if anything, the video actually makes it somewhat entertaining because its so ridiculously bad and silly that you can laugh at what you see while you hold back vomit at what you hear.

regardless of the video, that song has fucking autotuned emo singing, dance beats, a couple gay happy riffs and the rest breakdowns (seriously, theres like 5+ breakdowns). its basically every horrible trend of the last few years thrown together to make something even worse. if anything, the video actually makes it somewhat entertaining because its so ridiculously bad and silly that you can laugh at what you see while you hold back vomit at what you hear.

Hahahahaha perfect. I watched the video and almost pissed my pants when the singer started running in place. Worst song I've heard in years. Keep T-Pain out of music with guitars involved. Gayest shit ever. Thank you neal, I feel better about my life.

Yeah but they were relatively holed up in their scene before that video. They actually achieved mainstream e-fame overnight with that ridiculous video and people started making .gifs of their crabcore moves and shit. The hilariously gimmicky music (and the fact that they are Christian) is just the icing on the cake. By the way, Attack Attack is not the only band of its kind! Check out I See Stars and Vampires Everywhere for more hilarious offenders.

That said though, I do like autotuned vocals as an artistic aesthetic in alot of pop music. T Pain is awesome! In metal and hardcore it's pretty fucking stupid though (even though in terms of production techniques, EVERY band in existence uses autotune. In fact, Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour is one of the few singers who doesn't use autotune).

Yeah I think autotuning works for pop music. Quite well actually. Just keep it the hell away from heavy music.

And what is crabcore? I was un-aware crustacean organisms could write music... :loco:

lol no. I love hardcore and I know neal digs Converge and a few other legit hardcore bands so we're not "corebashing" at all. We're just pointing out how awful Attack Attack and similar bands are.

DDD sucks imo for different reasons. Really generic bottom of the barrel Children Of Bodom worship that pretty much does nothing for me whatsoever.

I think DDD is awesome. Apart from their image and themes, I don't really understand what's not to like. They mix up different styles really well, like one song has a fast thrashy thing going on and another sounds kind of folkish with deep male singing. The songs also don't drag on, there's nice variety in all of them. Plus the samples and keys are really perfect in place, either for the atmosphere or for a nice melody, and they're never in the way of anything. The vocalist really delivers too. They're not doing anything new, but what they do, I think they do well.