Details on Discouraged Ones Reissue

LifeDepraved

My soul got a crack
Sep 9, 2002
Phoenix AZ
CDVILED155__Katatonia__Discouraged_Ones260.jpg

http://www.snappermusic.com/Labels/Peaceville/Artists/Katatonia/item11733?startPos=

I'm excited :)

Wow, thats cool! I'm a little divided actually, as i like the original sound, but it will still be very interesting to hear the classic updated!

Jesus, there can never be enough Katatonia goodness. I still have to get the BMD re-issue and then there's the July EP. Oh man, not to mention the 5.1 TGCD (in March, is it?). Wow, I LOVE KATATONIA!!!

Quiet World and even Scarlett Heavens as bonus tracks? Cheers to that one right there! Re-mastered sound? Fuuu-cking right! A superior coverart to the original? :headbang: Uh, yeah - I'm getting this.

:) Thanks for the head's up.

Edit: Wtf? Please don't tell me ALL of the Katatonia albums are getting re-issued. VE as well? This means I'm obliged to get them all over again.

I wonder if there's going to be any notes on the making of the album like the re-issue of brave murder day. I hope so, This fucking rules, I would buy it just for the art work and the added songs alone.

Wow, thats cool! I'm a little divided actually, as i like the original sound, but it will still be very interesting to hear the classic updated!

nothing drastic was done with the mastering on this.
more volumes/levels issue than eq. so it sounds almost exactly like the original which we are still very happy with.

I think Anders said something about making a new Discouraged Ones shirt since the current one makes him dizzy because of the logo. :p

Cool, I'll be picking this up. I just wish Scarlet Heavens wasn't included as a bonus track. It has nothing to do with the album or the time period, and will sound totally out of place just like it did on the Saw You Drown EP. I think the best place for that song would be to re-issue the For Funerals to Come EP and include Scarlet Heavens, and the two songs from the W.A.R. comp as bonus tracks.