Details on Discouraged Ones Reissue

Cool, I'll be picking this up. I just wish Scarlet Heavens wasn't included as a bonus track. It has nothing to do with the album or the time period, and will sound totally out of place just like it did on the Saw You Drown EP. I think the best place for that song would be to re-issue the For Funerals to Come EP and include Scarlet Heavens, and the two songs from the W.A.R. comp as bonus tracks.
You have a point there i.m.o...

Cool, I'll be picking this up. I just wish Scarlet Heavens wasn't included as a bonus track. It has nothing to do with the album or the time period, and will sound totally out of place just like it did on the Saw You Drown EP. I think the best place for that song would be to re-issue the For Funerals to Come EP and include Scarlet Heavens, and the two songs from the W.A.R. comp as bonus tracks.

nah believe me, it wouldn't fit better on 'for funerals to come', that's actually a worse fit. also, the timeframe isn't really of relevant importance here cuz of the extreme different sound in musical style between 'for funerals to come' and scarlet heavens... but i agree it's not ideal on 'discouraged ones', neither was it on 'saw you drown', but since it was already done on that one i couldn't argue about it when the label wanted it as a bonus, so it's a take it or leave it thing. actually, it's not a biggie. it's not gonna destroy the re-issue. or maybe scarlet heavens is that ugly virus... that will infect yer stereo... and turn it into gothic AM radio frequenzy noise... from siberia!

Wonderful news! =D I haven't actually heard Scarlet Heavens just yet, so I look foward to hearing it ^^ Oh yeah, and the artwork is fabulous! I look foward to it =)

Don't get too excited it's not even close to up to par to the other clean vox songs.

Wow, I have to disagree here. Scarlett Heavens is one heck of a cool track. I highly enjoyed it, ESPECIALLY on Vinyl (my bro has the SYD vinyl - niice production value.) Damn, I really wouldn't mind if Katatonia ever decided to do an album in this style. It may not be a better style, but I'd like it all the same.

Shit man......I am just happy there is enough interest to do a re-issue of anything Katatonia......its saying things....like Katatonias older stuff is still valid.....it has a solid place in musical history.......it is going to live on and be remembered by more people who can distinguish good music from bad.......

I had a guy contact me on my myspace about a band I was in over 10 years ago telling me how cool he and his friends think it is.....its awesome to think that people even have a way to find that shit.....I think we made a 500 cassette demo....(although some of it is online...somehow).......so even the shit I did 10 years ago with a punk rock band is still reverberating in people......Katatonia I think....might just live forever..

Just wanted to say that I bought the re-issue of DO, and it looks great.
Shame on me, but I just had the original one as a promo for 10 years now...
Anders' liner notes are always a nice read. I didn't know that he wrote the lyrics for "Quiet World".
A great buy, and pretty cheap too.