Detente - Recognize No Authority To Be Reissued

skeptik

Feb 7, 2003
Blabbermouth said:
DETENTE's 'Recognize No Authority' To Be Reissued - Oct. 10, 2006 DETENTE's clasic album "Recognize No Authority" will soon be reissued in the USA and Germany by Cognitive Records. Details will be posted at www.myspace.com/detenterna.

"Recognize No Authority" was a critically acclaimed recording that maintains a cult following to this day. It was also the launching ground for nu-metal metal producer Ross Robinson (KORN, SLIPKNOT, FEAR FACTORY, SOULFLY) who plays guitar on the album. The CD also marked the first full-length release by FEAR OF GOD's Dawn Crosby, who sadly passed away on December 15, 1996.

That's quite a coincidence, as I was just thinking about this album yesterday in hopes of it someday being reissued. For those unfamiliar with this band, Detente was a rather primitive Punk influenced Speed/Thrash band who came out during the height of the Thrash scene, put out one album, and faded away. Dawn Crosby, one of very few frontwomen in Thrash, and in Metal in general, was quite the vocalist.

Sabbat used vocals effects. If you have nothing relevant to say then don't reply.

She listens to about 3 to 4 "thrashy" bands and thinks a good deal of it is crap, so I don't think this would even interest her. The only reason she listened to it is because it's a female-fronted band.

The CD will be distributed in the USA by The End Records and in Germany by Hellion Records. Additional distributors will be announced shortly. The expected release is early December.

awsome news!

there have been quite a few re-issues recently that have been really awsome... just found Amulance - Feel The Pain, and Sentinel Beast - Depths Of Death a few days ago.

Hopefully we can look forward to more of Dawn's stuff being re-issued... Fear Of God was awsome, but really fucking hard to find.

on a side note... Dawn Crosby was an awsome vocalist... all you Arch Enemy fans should take a listen to Detente and Fear Of God and hear what a real female metal vocalist sounds like... fuck that hack Angela.

the cirith ungol ones apparently are re-issued by metal blade, at least thats what it says on the back and on the disc... there is a 1999 date on there. I dont think its a bootleg, if it is... its a damn good one. They were all sealed with one of those annoying stickers at the top holding the case closed.

As far as Depths Of Death goes... I left it at my girlfriends house the other day so Ill find out tonight what label its on.