Devil Driver guit rec - Pics

"BLABBERMOUTH.NET - BACKMASK Releases Debut Album, Seeks Permanent Drummer
Santa Barbara, California-based melodic death metal group BACKMASK has just released its debut album, "Dark Fiber". With their heavily Scandinavian-influenced sound, BACKMASK has secured a loyal following in their home state since their inception.

BACKMASK began in 2001 when vocalist/guitarist Shane McFee (son of longtime/current DOOBIE BROTHERS guitarist and famous studio multi-instrumentalist John McFee) recruited band members with a self-produced demo. Quickly developing a local following with their furious live onslaught, BACKMASK then secured global notoriety with a #1 charting song on MP3.com and GarageBand.com in 2002. After relentless regional touring in their home state of California, BACKMASK followed up in 2004 with a five-song EP produced by Kurt Howell, which earned the band strong reviews and major label interest.

A do-it-yourself band from the start, BACKMASK eschewed major label "stardom" for the road of complete creative control. With the addition of bassist Richard Chapleau (ex-THE DAY AFTER) in 2006, BACKMASK recorded and released the self-produced full-length album "Dark Fiber". In the midst of recording "Dark Fiber", Richard asked guitarist Oscar Barron (also ex-THE DAY AFTER) to join up with BACKMASK, making the twin-guitar antics of the album a reality live.

BACKMASK is currently seeking a permanent drummer. Interested parties should contact the band via their web site: BACKMASK Official Website."

:D

I might pick up this album. I didn't like the sound last time I listened but I've been more into unique tones these days.

Haha... I thought this might get brought up sooner or later. Really not a big deal or a secret.

I've never been one to brag about who my dad is, because that wasn't something I had any choice in. Far too often, people try to ride the coattails of anyone remotely famous they might be related to, which is really tacky. As an example, it was Blabbermouth's choice (not mine) to put the reference to him in that press release. Blabbermouth is very irritating that way, because they are just trying to max out on page impressions and ad banner revenue... but that's another topic...

My dad's actually a very humble, private person, who came from absolute poverty and succeeded based on his talent and determination alone. He has a lot of awesome studio credits outside of the Doobie Brothers (Elvis Costello, Van Morrison, Steve Miller, the list goes on...) He joined the Doobie Brothers in 1978, so they were already a well established band with many multi-platinum albums under their belt.

My interest in music didn't really begin until I was about 14, believe it or not, even though I'd been in countless studios, traveled on tour buses, etc. before that. If there's anything I've inherited from my dad I think it's a strong work ethic. Any bit of "success" I've had has come from hard work, not nepotism or working connections.

As a matter of fact, I met Ross through the Devildriver guys (who I've known long before they joined up with Dez Fafara), and recommended Ross to the Doobies to produce their upcoming album. I'm really stoked for him that it's worked out, because he's always been a fan of their music.

fuckin' cool, the doobie brothers are great! makes me want to dance just thinking about 'em.

I love that part in Romancing the Stone where Michael Douglas is like, "Aww man, the Doobie Brothers broke up!"

I find it fascinating, i love The Doobie Brothers, we play songs of them in my covers band, Much Respect!!

Continuing with the References, in The Simpsons:

"Who likes The Doobbie Brothers?? Here´s one of them!"

My dad's actually a very humble, private person, who came from absolute poverty and succeeded based on his talent and determination alone. He has a lot of awesome studio credits outside of the Doobie Brothers (Elvis Costello, Van Morrison, Steve Miller, the list goes on...)

My best friend is a big fan of both Mutt Lange and Huey Lewis, so I mainly know him as a founding member of Clover. :)

The drums on that album sound fucking amazing, it is worth checking out for that if nothing else.

Yep, I remember the first time I listened to it I was like "fuck the black album, I really want THIS drum sounds".