DevilDriver - The Last Kind Words

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Just checked out the video for "Not All Who Wander Are Lost." I saw them open for Opeth in Grand Rapids, Michigan a while back. I had never heard them, but they put on a solid show. I think i am going to buy the album.

The real question is what do you think of them?

They were my "gateway band" into the world of growls, so I'm rather attached to them. No, actually, I'm really attached to them. I'm definately going to pick up their new album...um, sometime this month hopefully.

...see Devildriver the same way they see Lamb of God. I kinda of hear a little bit of Arch Enemy in the solos and riffs.

I personally have liked Lamb of God since Lamb them since they were Burn The Priest, and I will like them no matter what anyone on this board says. Say what you want about Lamb, Chris Adler is an amazing drummer, and that is the primary reason I listen to them.

I know that is a totally different style of music than Opeth, but really what I want to know is instead of the few one or two word answers, what about Devildriver do you dislike.

Mix

Ahaha.. This might as well turn into a Bill Hicks appreciation thread!

Devildriver's singer, not only untalented, is an utter jerk off - refer to Cladindarkness' run in with him whilst playing live. The band is Des trying to cling to the hope that he has some sort of credibility as a musician, but considering their music is horribly average.. That grip is lost rather quickly. Des is just an arrogant fuckwit who thinks his bands are cool.. But he's just churning out dross.

There are so many more far FAR better bands around than this steaming pile of turd.

..Oh.. And it's Beelzebozo time!