Devin speaking about Mikael

Alex78

Fretbuzz Virtuoso
Jul 12, 2002
Germany
Visit site
taken from an interview at http://www.metal-immortel.com/:

- the Lord:
You mentioned Opeth. Many people dream to see you collaborating with his leader, Mikael Akerfeldt. Then do you go éxaucer their wishes? Townsend:I have the impression to look myself in a deforming ice when I speak in Mikael. We have a rather special relation. It is somebody of serene who attaches much importance to dignity. All opposite of me (laughter) . I am very energetic and I like to explore the most insane recesses of my imagination. However, musicalement, we are very similar and I think that we have the same goals. To schematize, we play a similar music but under a different angle.

That's a Google translation actually, but I think it's comprehensible...

Interesting read. There was an interviewer on Devs site asking for fan questions. This was my question.

"Seeing as you two are friends. Is there any chance in the future that you may collaborate with Mike from Opeth?, or maybe produce the bands next album?"
Devin said he’d love to, but both Opeth and him have a lot of stuff going on, and it would be difficult for them to arrange it, but also said that they only have to talk about and find some time. I told him to talk about that with Maikel during the forthcoming tour with Opeth.

lol i think dewin and mikael....!!!......... are bothe reaely good artists...!!!!..........its good that they are complimenting each other.....!!!........PEAC EOUT!

Well they didn't really work together with Ayreon. I'd love to see (or hear) a collaboration though. Any news of the collaboration with Steve Wilson and Portnoy?

Yoda said:
Well they didn't really work together with Ayreon. I'd love to see (or hear) a collaboration though. Any news of the collaboration with Steve Wilson and Portnoy?
No news, except that its been confirmed.

Yeah.. on Ayreon I think Devin recorded his vocals in his own studio and didn't even really meet the other people! But he did an awesome job. :D

Yeah, well I guess Lucassen got them all in seperately, so I'd say none of the singers would have seen much of each other.

Oinkness said:
Yeah.. on Ayreon I think Devin recorded his vocals in his own studio and didn't even really meet the other people! But he did an awesome job. :D

Yeah, Arjen Lucassen insisted on having Devy on the album, but Devy didn't want to sing something he didn't write, so Arjen offered Devy to write his own stuff, which he did.