Devin Townsend - "Accelerated Evolution"

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
ProgPower III performer Devin Townsend has just released a new album. I got it yesterday and it's fantastic. Didn't hit me at first... but on the second listen I realized how good it is. Very dense compositions and really quite catchy. Devin is a great vocalist and guitarist.

Cool!
I will buy it as soon as I have some money!

I loved his show at PP3... It was one of my favorites, actually (right behind PoS and Angra) !
headbob.gif

I should be getting it soon enough! A friend and fellow DJ (Paul $man you know who you are :) ) turned me on to Devin!

Aslo, I am stoked that they will be touring California! Devin with Strapping Young Lad will be playing with Meshuggah at the Galaxy Theatre in May....anyone out there want to come? :)

Cheers, Antonio

Never really got into Devin's work a few years back. Heard him on Vai's Sex and Religion cd and was not as fond of it. Then a friend knowing I was SOOO not the Devin fan blind played for me a tape...that had this amazing thich, emotional, passionate, wall of sound atmospheric music..I fell in love...then he tells he it was from Devin's project Ocean Machine. THe CD Biomech has been a major player in my collection and I love playing it for people not exposed to this side of Devin's work..and of course hooking them :)

I just got my promo for Accelerated Evolution last night...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has me so under it's spell. Especially the track Sunday Afternoon...I can't stop playing that one...it's mesmerizing. I played it all last night..and took it with me to work today to play over and over. More of that amazingly thick wall of sound that is never muddy, only haunting, beautiful, atmosphereic, emotional, passionate.

I am kicking myself harder now for missing Devin last year at Prog Power...but if Glenn ever brings him back again..and I hope he does....I'll move heaven and earth to be there to see him.

Coldie