Devin Townsend

even worse, you just bought City for that one line in OMFG, and youre too pissed and clearly dont have the mental capacity to recognize the brilliance of the album. I hate you.

Ive seen you bitch about this in other forums. You really are an idiot, and you sound like a fool. What dont you understand? Live in Australia - No Sleep till bedtime is a live album, just like Metallica binge and purge, just like Halford Insurrection, just like countless other live albums.

You mean just like all other Live cd's where everything sounds like someone turned on a mic during the show and slapped the result on to a disc? In my opinion, I'd much rather hear the studio recordings that sound the way they are supposed to on a cd. The whole point of "live" music is BEING THERE and experiencing it. I thought I made my opinion obvious and am surprised you only got "he's an idiot" from it before, but at least now you understand. :lol:

The "get down there, and suck my buddy's cock" quote is something he says live to security guards when they try to stop people from moshing. Why would he have that on a studio record? It's not like he says it just to be "funny" or "cool"

Actually Devin does stuff like this all the time. Are you familar with his crazy-funny personality? You've self-proclaimed yourself his "biggest fan" and you aren't even familiar with his antics. He makes a stand out line like this on "Earth Day" to name one example. Also if you read his interviews you'll see he is very eccentric. Anyhow I'm surprised you find it hard to believe someone could mistake the "Suck my buddies cock" line to be inserted in the studio. I didn't know that was a live song, but it surely wouldn't be unreasonable to expect there is simply another version of the song. He's done this with "War" to name an example.

Furthermore, why knock live albums?

I've already explained this. Not the quickest of guys are ya? Hehehe.

You said that live albums dont capture the energy of the band at all??

Wait a minute, so you already knew why I knocked live albums? Please don't waste everyone's time in the future by asking questions you already know the answer to. :lol:

Are you fucking kidding me?

No.

If anything, live albums give me MORE energy than studio albums because what yoyre hearing is the band on stage, in front of their fans playing their asses off. You can feel their energy much more than on a studio recording.

Your opinion has been noted, and WITHOUT having mindless "you're an idiot for feeling differently about live music than I do"-- like insults thrown at you. You're welcome. ;)

I'm ashamed that you consider yourself a devin fan to begin with.

I'm a devin fan b/c of people on THIS board, most notably, llamura. Up until this point, these folks have all shared great music tastes and been very intelligent.

There is more, much more, to Dev than just SYL. I hope you dont go around thinking youre a true fan, cuz youre just a simple minded moron. Get a clue.

Note my previous response "Up until this point" :lol: If you'll go back and read this thread you'll see how silly you are for saying this. I recomended songs of three of his solo albums. I'm surprised you forgot about that so quickly, well....no I'm not. hahaha!

even worse, you just bought City for that one line in OMFG, and youre too pissed and clearly dont have the mental capacity to recognize the brilliance of the album. I hate you.

Yes, I bought City for that ONE line. Surely not for any of the MUSIC on it. :rolleyes: By this point I wasn't surprised to see you making these kinds of foolish assumptions followed by infantile insults. Very sad for you, but at least many of us on this thread, most notably myself, were thoroughly amused, thank you! :lol:

great to see so much devy fans around. devin townsend forum to
come on UM soon so good to see already that it will be visited.
all hail the new fucking flesh ! long live to that genius.