Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hi peeps,

Picked up 4 new pieces of gear today thanks to a forumite in Canada. Setup a reamping rig finally here, and have been pissing about with recording methods, doing some direct monitoring through my interface, then out thru cuniberti reamp, the 5150 and G12/V30 speakers in the Marshall cab (both mic'd and panned hard L R btw).

One clip is the saffire 56 instument in and the other is the countryman type 85.
It's not particularly interesting, but I thought i'd give this a quick shot to see if there really was any difference on the way in, and of course the difference is pretty tight. I figured if I cared enough to do it, there might be some interest here from anyone who is looking at either box so here are the clips.

DI 1
DI 2

See which you prefer :)

Drop box has just taken a shit it would appear (actually on second look it seems my broadband has gone haywire temporarily, blocking certain sites even after a router restart!). Just when i need to use it, how annoying! Links coming via another source any second... lol

Edit.. First post has been updated with direct FTP links

I'm gonna guess that the DI 2 is the Countryman (if I have to give a reason, let's say it's because there's a tinybit more definition in the highs, but honestly, I'm totally bullshitting :p ), but I cannot be sure. Sounds too fucking close to my ear to even bother to choose between those two which one sounds better.

But my ears are dead. Mixed all afternoon... Damn it.

I vote for number one (fresh ears, just woke up). I thought 2 was a bit more... eh, I'd like to say flabby, but no, just don't know the word for it. I'd say number 1 acted more pleasantly with the distortion in my ears.