Diablo 2

Well, it's not that strange. Morrowind is more than five years old by now, I think, Daggerfall still dates from somewhere around '95, and Arena, '90 I think. And in my opinion, Morrowind with its dull, gray, drab, bland world is still the weaker brother of the series.

Morrowind had a superior story, Oblivion had better visuals, both had great soundtrack. Keep meaning to get around to playing through Shivering Isles but I got sidetracked replaying through Psychonauts on Steam. God damn that game owns all other platformers ever.

Söy;6590148 said:

Yea, but you have to buy the Orange Box for either the 360 or PC. I'd rather have TF2 on PC, and Portal on Xbox. I don't care about Episode 2.

Do you really think Daggerfall is better then Morrowind? I preferred Morrowind to Oblivion for the much better storyline, but I fear having been spoiled with Morrowind and Oblivion I wouldn't be able to appreciate Daggerfall. Isnt it true that everythings just randomally generated?

Do you really think Daggerfall is better then Morrowind? I preferred Morrowind to Oblivion for the much better storyline, but I fear having been spoiled with Morrowind and Oblivion I wouldn't be able to appreciate Daggerfall. Isnt it true that everythings just randomally generated?
Well, you have to see all those games in their time, of course. Daggerfall was full of bugs, and it had a lot of inconsistencies (and VGA graphics!), but the atmosphere and immersion that game had was great, especially for its time. If you played it for the first time now, you might be disappointed, true. And yes, everything's randomly generated, but you don't even notice much. At least I didn't, at the time. But viewed in its time frame, it was better than Morrowind. Definitely.

Morrowind had a superior story, Oblivion had better visuals, both had great soundtrack. Keep meaning to get around to playing through Shivering Isles but I got sidetracked replaying through Psychonauts on Steam. God damn that game owns all other platformers ever.
I never understood what was so great about the MW story, though. Emaciated golden-masked dude sits in his volcano, being bored and waiting for you to come over and stomp the corprus out of him? I don't know, that's a bit weak to me.

In Morrowind you got to play the big (albeit reluctant) hero, the reincarnation of a legend. In Oblivion you get to play errand boy for the big hero who turns out to be the incarnation of a god. The first is more compelling to me, and has the hero's journey aspect of a nameless prisoner finding his destiny as the savior of a people.

In Morrowind you got to play the big (albeit reluctant) hero, the reincarnation of a legend. In Oblivion you get to play errand boy for the big hero who turns out to be the incarnation of a god. The first is more compelling to me, and has the hero's journey aspect of a nameless prisoner finding his destiny as the savior of a people.
Yes, but the player being the big hero and reincarnation of a legend and all that, it's been done so many times before. I preferred the more modest role the character in Oblivion had.

shivering isle and knights of the nine were really good expansions.

For D2 - I play on USWest always. Ladder right now. Have a level 87 Sorceress, and a level 78 Zealot. Not too bad.

As far as Oblivion, I had heard that the game really sucked without mods. I haven't actually played too much of it yet though.

I have Oblivion for PS3, so I don't really have the option of mods, but it seems ok so far. I guess I could download the game and it's mods if it turns out to be not so good.

you'd appreciate Shivering Isles, you get to be a Deadric god!

homm3oy1.jpg

Oblivion is definately the shit and better than any game mentioned in this thread, its mega fun and you can do pretty much whatever you want. and the story isn't as boring as the story was in morrowind. so far i've played like 40 hours and only completed the main quest and thieves and some other guilds and haven't tried any of the expansions. once i can get a better computer since i can only run it decently at the absolute lowest settings, i'll get shivering isles and the other expansion but what i played of shivering isles at my brothers house was bitchin fuckin sweet.

... nothing is better than Diablo 2. NOTHING.

Not even Heroes of Might and Magic. Well, maybe that one comes close.

I'm gonna go put in like 4 hours of Oblivion I think.

Fallout 1 and 2... Faggots.

Gothic 1 and 2... Faggoths. (I guess the third one, though it is significantly weaker than the first 2)

Play them, and then report back as MEN.