Diablo Swing Orchestra Call It Quits

ApolloFC

Sax-Man
Sep 18, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
From their Facebook page today:

Diablo Swing Orchestra call it quits...

Long time with no updates - we know.

The reason is that many of us have been pursuing other interests during the down-time from touring and we simply can't find the motivation to keep going. We would like to thank everybody for the support during the years.

Daniel, Pontus, Andy, AnnLouice, Johannes & Petterp

D:

I'm thinking/hoping that this is an ill thought-out April Fool's joke, but after the Oceans of Sadness split... :/

April Fool's...

Like many of you already guessed we're not disbanding. On the contrary we will finally start some serious rehearsing. The schedule have been pushed back but we're working hard to make sure there will be a new DSO album out in 2011.

On another note the vinyl editions of "Butcher's..." and "Sing along..." are available for pre-ordering at this location:

http://ascendancerecords.bigcartel.com/

Yay.

I think it's stupid that a band would joke about disbanding...April Fools or not. It accomplishes nothing imo. :err:

~Brian~

Agreed. There's a band from Canada that I'm not that big into called Woods Of Ypres that announced breaking up only to confuse fans by signing a deal with Earache and declaring that they announced to breakup because they wanted to see what it would be like to be "broken up," or something like that. So dumb.

@edgeofthorns: Completely agreed, especially since a small band announcing news, then being quiet for a few months, and then finally breaking up is not at all out of the ordinary. :/

Agreed. There's a band from Canada that I'm not that big into called Woods Of Ypres that announced breaking up only to confuse fans by signing a deal with Earache and declaring that they announced to breakup because they wanted to see what it would be like to be "broken up," or something like that. So dumb.

in b4 you just don't understand

@edgeofthorns: Completely agreed, especially since a small band announcing news, then being quiet for a few months, and then finally breaking up is not at all out of the ordinary. :/

in b4 you just don't understand

It's one thing to be pretentious (like lighting a deer foot candle on stage during your show) like Agalloch and be able to pull it off, because it enhances the vibe and mystique of the band (plus they actually write good songs and have a unique sound lol) but WoY's songs are unbelievably cheesy and sophomoric. They sound like an amateur demo band. The fact that he has the audacity to be as pretentious as he is makes it a thousand times worse. And of course, I get why Earache signed them, but my opinion still stands.

I was linking that to prove your point. I really can't stand them either, for about the same reasons you listed (and their absolutely terribad lyrics), heh.