New Diablo Swing Orchestra Singer

Yonfon

Aug 29, 2009
Pico Rivera CA
This is from their facebook:

"Dear Diablo Swing family.

Aside from our wondrous experiences while writing, recording, rehearsing and touring during the last few years, one of our main concerns has been that AnnLouice's own opera career exceedingly has taken up more and more of her time. Hence, our long gaps between shows, and problems planning our operation as a band in general. Unfortunately, this fact has eventually led to AnnLouice leaving Diablo Swing Orchestra to pursue her own career to the fullest. As dear friends first, and a band second, we also separate as such. That being said, we're indeed glad for her success and wish her a thrilling venture like none other! Also — Our mutual thankfulness for the last decade of unison musical creativity as the orchestra we've grown into, sure shines through our creations; and always did, through thick and thin. As you sense by now, here comes the conjunction ”but”. Of course the matter at hand has meant that we somehow had to find a proper solution to continue doing what we simply love so much — creating and performing music as a group. ”Solution” is a poor word of choice really, as no words actually capture what we're trying to convey here, ten years in (!), but yes — Conclusively we have now found a main vocalist replacement. A ”solution” that provides the band with an all new gusto, and which is taking Diablo Swing in prestine directions. Diablo Swing Orchestra finally materializes a new phase, featuring new mojo, delight and energy! Enter Kristin Evegård. And you won't have to wait long to hear her, as we're recording a new single as we speak, with a planned release in late October. Yes, we hear you say, ”less talk, more mojo”, so without any further ado: Presenting the new Diablo Swing Orchestra with Kristin Evegård."
10530506_10154422415085316_6687971597450993165_o.jpg

Wow......been on vacation and away from the net & FB. Didn't see this coming.... Wishing Anna all the best, and welcome Kristin! Can't wait to hear some!

I saw this on Facebook. Sad to hear Anna is leaving, but she's continuing to pursue her passion as an Opera singer (and a damn good one!)

Can't wait to hear the new material with the new singer!

I concur to all the above... And I just have to say those are the bluest of blue eyes I think I've ever seen!!! So cannot wait to hear the new tune in October.

She is really good, and I think this will be a change for the better. My one complaint about DSO was always the vocals; as good as Anna is at what she does, the opera singer vocals just aren't my thing.

This hasn't been posted yet, but DSO has a new song out, featuring the new singer:

Not sure about the disco beats. I'll have to see if this grows on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm.... I like. I think. I really like the music, but I believe I might miss the opera vocals. Kind of reminds me of what happened to Nightwish.

Will need to hear more.

I don't mind the disco sound since it'll most likely only be for one song. I'm enjoying the new singer. Really looking forward to hearing a track featuring both Daniel and Kristen.