Diablo Swing Orchestra' New Song on Youtube

The song was Deliciously Weird, in a good way! :)
Although, I honestly thought this particular song
(and please, no offense to y'all that saw DSO here in atlanta @ Prog Power live!) reminded me very, very much of The Squirrel Nut Zippers "Hell"!

I must admit, they are growing on me!
I LOVE the guitar work & the vocals! :headbang:

Color me as the guy who has been under a rock - I thought they had called it quits! I loved their live show so much - they were quirky, off-center - sort of like that coconut/mango/green apple/cola slurpee that your 8 year old son mixes up, and you are SURE it will taste horrid, but after the 3rd slurp, you realize it's awesome.

Color me as the guy who has been under a rock - I thought they had called it quits! I loved their live show so much - they were quirky, off-center - sort of like that coconut/mango/green apple/cola slurpee that your 8 year old son mixes up, and you are SURE it will taste horrid, but after the 3rd slurp, you realize it's awesome.

I believe they had an April Fool's a year ago where they said they did, but that's all it was. An April Fool's joke.

I believe they had an April Fool's a year ago where they said they did, but that's all it was. An April Fool's joke.

Dammit - as little as I read in the Metal Scene, I chose April 1, 2011 to read something?

I guess it is all good, though. Huzzah that they are still recording and making the world a quirkier place.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/182355 :

Sweden's eclectic metal troupe DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA will peak the curiosity of North American masses through the release of their third full-length, Pandora's Piñata, on May 22nd via Sensory Records, with Candlelight Records handling the album in Europe.

The follow-up album to their 2009-released Sing Along Songs For The Damned And Delirious, also released via Sensory, Pandora’s Piñata finds Diablo Swing Orchestra expanded into a massive eight-piece lineup, with the permanent addition of two horn players. The new album is a smörgåsbord of different levels of musical insanity building on the foundation laid down on their previous album. And as always the musical mayhem is fronted by the glass shattering voice of Annlouice Loegdlund, a metal queen at night but a trained opera singer by day, her incredibly infectious and professional range setting the rest of the incredibly layered tunes alive with vibrant flames of originality.

The theme of the album follows the seven cardinal sins that one can imagine falling out of this like-no-other-audio-visual-piñata. The story is also followed up in the artwork which as usual has been created by the band’s bass player Anders Johansson. For the third time the band collaborated with renowned Swedish illustrator Peter Bergting to create the album cover. Featuring over fifty minutes of brand new material sure to enlighten, empower, and likely even confuse the everyday metal fan, Pandora’s Piñata is undoubtedly an album that most any fan of extreme musical experimentation should experience.

earsplitpr-1-1.jpg

GREAT band, awesome humans. The new cd kicks ass, If you're a fan of the first 2, you'll most likely LOVE this one....Will be sending Ken some money on the 22nd.....:headbang:

I thought they put on one hell of a show at prog power couple years ago. They were very fun to watch on stage. Hopefully will do an encore.