Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design question

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
I can't seem to find any definitive info about this album. Seems there is a lot of speculation as to whether the "movie" ever actually existed. I know it was never released, but was there ever even a movie to begin with? any help would be appreciated.

I heard it was scrapped after the small company that was making it realised that a big hollywood studio was making Final Destination, which seemingly had a very similar storyline....so I guess a script was written. Haha I know that doesnt answer you question but I thought you may be interested. You could send a PM to Blakheim maybe.

I posted the question in a couple places actually, including the Kata board :p hoping to get a response from someone involved so i know. I did know that much anyway, but everything seems to all be speculation and very few people seem to know what is true and not. The film company was apparently "West & Hill", which brings up no search results besides something about Kanye West and Lauryn Hill, and the credits to Death's Design (the album, not movie).

FUBAR said:
I heard it was scrapped after the small company that was making it realised that a big hollywood studio was making Final Destination, which seemingly had a very similar storyline....

Has any movie in the history of movies ever been scrapped for this reason?

Shit, movies get MADE because they're just like big Hollywood movies.

Mumblefood said:
Searches actually brought up some old UM results, and Jim, you were one of the ones who was sure it never existed :p have you ever talked to someone involved at all, an interview for LotFP maybe?

I have the matter with two of the people responsible for the CD, and it happened after those posts.

I was under strict "don't tell anyone what we've discussed or we'll send Gerrit Mutz to your house to sing to you every night for a year" threats though.

However, the entire affair is a matter of just a second of thought and a minute of internet research on the subject.

Jim LotFP said:
I was under strict "don't tell anyone what we've discussed or we'll send Gerrit Mutz to your house to sing to you every night for a year" threats though.

:tickled: - hey, Gerrit Mutz rocks, ask Mike Scalzi.

In German Legacy, their was a story about the album in which the writer was doing a high-flown philosophical essay about how great that movie should have been. Since it was no interview with the makers of the music, he recited the promo-material obviously and did never question the existence of that movie project...funnily credulous metal fans...

Occam's Razor said:
In German Legacy, their was a story about the album in which the writer was doing a high-flown philosophical essay about how great that movie should have been.

Even taking everything at face value, guessing the quality of a movie based on who did the soundtrack is... pretty... dumb. :D

It is Legacy - they ARE dumb for the most part...what if not dumb is a writer that does a Maiden interview and reveals that he does not have the facts together by praising Dickinson for his SO FAR two solo albums??? - He should be glad that he obviously did not say that in the interview, but wrote it just for himself.

Jim LotFP said:
Has any movie in the history of movies ever been scrapped for this reason?

Shit, movies get MADE because they're just like big Hollywood movies.

Indeed very good point maybe my info was a little off who knows...