Diabolical Masquerade

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
I recently read somewhere that mister Blackheim is preparing another DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE album. What a great news. I hope it will be another masterpiece, just like 'Nightwork'.

Demiana said:
Yeah, well, I also liked the soundtrack for Death's Design, but I never saw that movie. I don't know anything about it, nobody does..even on the internet I can't find anything...

It's only made to seem like there's a movie behind the whole thing,when there isn't. :)
I would REALLY like to have the lyrics though but someone said that they were sang/growled/screamed straight out of a book or something...well none the less,they sound pretty interesting from what I can understand of the singing.

Guardian of Darkness said:
No, it was ORIGINALLY made to be on the movie 'Death's Design', but then the movie was never released for a reason I've forgotten.

God (pun intended),get the point already. I think they just portrayed the whole soundtrack thing pretty well and Blakkheim based the whole concept on the storyline that he explains on the Diabolical Masquerade homepage in the Press section.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10124&highlight=diabolical

Some debate about it on the Swanö forum ages ago. Not like this is the most important thing ever,but I'm one of those who don't really buy the whole movie thing.

For what it's worth...

http://www.katatonia.com/masquerade/press.html

This clears up some things. I can't find this West & Hill Corporation anywhere with Google. However, it is said that the movie was directed by a Barry Stevens. According to IMDB, Barry Stevens exists and has directed at least one movie, in 2001:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1117100/

Script writing credits are given to two gentlemen by the names of John Grant and Wesley Howard. There are two John Grants as writers on IMDB, however one died in 1955 and the other has only written one script for the movie, uh, The Sexterminators, in 1970. The only Wesley Howard on IMDB is an actor who's only played what seems like a minor role in the movie Rapid Fire from 1990.

Make of this what you will. I find it hard to believe that a movie company, even if it was indeed very small, wouldn't be mentioned on a single non-DM-related page Google indexes...

Don't get me wrong, even though I think it's made up, I don't think it was done with a "I hope no one will find out" attitude if you know what I mean. I think it was just a good excuse to be able to make such an album.

It seems I do remember that the movie existed before the soundtrack. Blakkheim was commisioned by Barry Stevens to compose the soundtrack, but for reasons unknown(budget?) it never materialized in the public eye. This is where the ever affable Blakkheim needs to step in and clear up the confusion yet again.

Guardian of Darkness said:
The movie existed.

You could post some proof on it instead of just wailing about your facts. At least the people who said it didn't based their post on something. Just don't want to be confused that's all. :)

The Diabolical Masquerade site explains that the movie was never released because the company releasing it got "cold feet." Basically, what happened was that the movie they were about to release (Death's Design) had an uncanny resemblance to another movie...*cough*Final Destination*cough* If you read through the site, it does explain what the movie was supposed to be about, and it was indeed quite similar to Final Destination...similar enough to get sued over. However, since the production had already come along so far, the soundtrack was already written and recorded, and ready to go. Olympic/Century Media Records realized that the music still had commercial value and started distribution of Death's Design...and there you have it. Supposedly, they're considering releasing the movie after a long while (who knows, probably never). I can understand why the company would be afraid to release it now, but a few years down the line, I suppose the risk of being sued might be slightly less...

RuinerXL said:
The Diabolical Masquerade site explains that the movie was never released because the company releasing it got "cold feet."

I suppose the risk of being sued might be slightly less...

You know,I'm pretty sure everyone who has posted in this thread knows all that. We're just questioning whether it's true or not.

TheFourthHorseman said:
You could post some proof on it instead of just wailing about your facts. At least the people who said it didn't based their post on something. Just don't want to be confused that's all. :)
Yeah, sorry....The reason I didn't post any facts was that I don't have any... :)

Demonspell said:
According to Dan Swano, he will not be involved on the next Diabolical Masquerade album.

Also,I remember reading an interview where Dan said that the movie thing is all bollocks. But this is something I think I remember,not something I have a link to,so guess it shouldn't be taken as a fact.