Diamond Head anyone?

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Okay, slap me for not having heard of them before, but apart from Maiden, I know next to nothing about NWOBHM bands!

So, are DH worth a listen, and can you think of any others I should check out?

That is all,

W

Diamond Head are definately worth a listen. They were big influences on early Metallica, and if you can't hear the influence, you're deaf. Particularly if you listen "Am I Evil" :)

Were Venom a NWOBHM band? I know they're from that time but i wouldn't have thought of them as a NW band.....they rule, though.

and other NWOBHM bands? Try Saxon. They're lyrics have a definate style which doesn't change much from 1 song to another, but they've got good music. Judas Priest, obviuosly, likewise Motorhead. Def Leppard although i'd class them more as rock then metal. good solos, though.

Try and find a copy of the 2-CD NWOBHM compilation that came out about 10 years ago or so (you'll probably have to go second hand). Has one or two tracks of pretty much every NWOBHM band from back then, including White Spirit, Janick's old band - listen carefully for the riffs he recycled in Maiden! :)

Diamond Head-Lightning to the Nations....one of the most important metal albums ever.Metallica would not have existed without this album!

Diamond Head kick ass!!! Lightning To The Nations is one bad ass album! Other great NWOBHM bands besides Maiden and DH:

Def Leppard(the early stuff), Raven, Angel Witch, Motorhead, Saxon and Samson. Cream of the crop, right there.