Diamond Head US tour

I am sure it is hard for you since you have been following them since the begining.

Didnt you see Roger Waters and his hired guns for the Wall Tour?

it will be a good show...I seen some videos with this line up...pretty good.

I am sure it is hard for you since you have been following them since the begining.

Didnt you see Roger Waters and his hired guns for the Wall Tour?

it will be a good show...I seen some videos with this line up...pretty good.

What difference does that make if I followed them from the beginning? It's still not the same band.

The Wall was Waters' creation almost entirely for the most part. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

Maybe I'll take a look to see some videos. Still though, it isn't as worthwhile without that package.

Simon,
I have to extremely disagree with you.
This is extremely important to us NWOBHM fans.

It is 2011. Of course everyone would like to see as many live shows with all original members, but we are talking about bands who are 25 years old and more. Almost impossible for the most part.

Sorry, but I have to agree with Bob on the Wall thing.
I too would have loved to see Waters, since I never have seen Pink Floyd. Doesn't matter who created it, as it was "Pink Floyd" who performed it live. There are MANY crucial David Gilmore solos and vocals all over that thing. Though since you were not around to ever see PF live, you could over look that and go see it.

Just saying that's how we view Diamond Head.
Same thoughts I have about Thin Lizzy.

I suppose if you are "whatever" about DH to begin with then it doesnt matter, but if that is the case, then original members or not wouldn't be of any difference.

It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in reality. This tour isn't going to sell out country-wide, so the likelihood of them coming back (unless Metallica ever respects their roots and brings a NWOBHM band on tour with them, which they won't), they aren't going to be back.

One more thing.......
Different bands will appeal to each fan differently, with varying lineups.

Simon - You and I have discussed ACCEPT. I have been a casual fan of theirs for over 20 years. I am not big enough of a fan to get out to see them without UDO, because to me, he is what made the band unique. I have no doubts that Mark does a good job. I am sure I would enjoy it if I did go to see them, but for someone like me who is picky with what I get out to see, they are a very low priority.

Now for you, who weren't into them in the day, just having ANY form of ACCEPT around may be a god-send, so you would go see them.

This is how I feel about Diamond Head.

I guess with Diamond Head to me it's not so much that it's not the original lineup as much as it is only one original member plus other guys, two of them new only in the last 5 years or so. 25 years definitely is a long time and wouldn't expect the complete lineup to be intact.

As for the difference with the Waters thing, to me that's more of him being solo with a band backing him, with music that's really close to his heart. It also was advertised as Roger Waters. Now, if he had called it Pink Floyd, that I would have had a problem with.

You know my opinion on Thin Lizzy; however, I will keep an open mind to them and make my decision once I see them with Priest in November.

I do agree with you Jason that different lineups mean different things to different people. How I view Accept is way different than yours. Hell, I just couldn't get into them until Mark joined due to Udo's vocals. However, when I did listen to his vocals, for some reason the past albums with Udo, it clicked.

I may very well end up going to this, but it may be a last minute decision.

If you really listen to those other album tunes, you'll find a lot to sink your teeth into. This tour is coming to Kansas City. I plan on being there.

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, Diamond Head has as many "so so" songs in their catalog as they do killer tunes. Still though, I am extremely excited to finally see them live.

BANGALORE CHOIR (featuring ex ACCEPT vocalist David Reece, yes, the one who sang on FACE THE HEAT) is the support band for this show.

Simon - since you have been a raging ACCEPT fan since 82, this must be a treat!

BANGALORE CHOIR (featuring ex ACCEPT vocalist David Reece, yes, the one who sang on FACE THE HEAT) is the support band for this show.

Simon - since you have been a raging ACCEPT fan since 82, this must be a treat!

Never said I was, douche. :loco: God I hate that album though.

Sorry Simon, you know you are my boy, but you have to admit that you try to come off as a lifelong ACCEPT fan (and lifelong SAXON fan, and lifelong ICED EARTH fan, and lifelong GAMMA RAY fan, lifelong FATES WARNING fan..............)

Ah, you young bucks have it easy with your interwebs!

You will never appreciate the days of buying underground fanzines, writing bands (through snail mail, not email) to obtain a demo, tape trading demos and bootlegs, etc, etc....

Had to do it! :)

Sorry Simon, you know you are my boy, but you have to admit that you try to come off as a lifelong ACCEPT fan (and lifelong SAXON fan, and lifelong ICED EARTH fan, and lifelong GAMMA RAY fan, lifelong FATES WARNING fan..............)

Ah, you young bucks have it easy with your interwebs!

You will never appreciate the days of buying underground fanzines, writing bands (through snail mail, not email) to obtain a demo, tape trading demos and bootlegs, etc, etc....

Had to do it! :)

We can agree to disagree here, but just due to someone not growing up with a band, does not make them any less of a fan. Of those bands you said, probably the only one I'm hardcore about is Saxon (as they are in my top 5 faves) and MAYBE Gamma Ray. The others I like, but by no means do I consider myself a diehard fan of.

As for Diamond Head, my decision has been made. I will not be joining you guys. Saw some vids of them live and it was nothing special in my opinion.

Simon, well let's leave it like this.....
You are definitely as passionate about many bands you enjoy who are from an era before yours....
This is cool indeed.
Sometimes though, and you have to admit, that you talk about things like fan reaction to lineup changes, sound changes, etc about certain bands as if you were there when it happended.

Some of your opinions of bands (and I truly do not mean JUST you, but other newer metal fans who chat online), whether you realize or not, are skewed by things you have "read" about online as opposed to experiencing it yourself firsthand when it happened (IE - from hearing the albums sequentially in order as they were released, seeing a band for the first time right after losing a key member, etc.)

Sorry, this is something I find frustrating overall, and it's not a rant against you personally. Just an overall thing, which you are sometimes guilty of.

Though I will agree 100% that showing up late to the party does not make you LESS of a fan, but I think it does limit how valid some assumptions made truly are.

I place myself in the same boat for many 70s bands.

Simon, well let's leave it like this.....
You are definitely as passionate about many bands you enjoy who are from an era before yours....
This is cool indeed.
Sometimes though, and you have to admit, that you talk about things like fan reaction to lineup changes, sound changes, etc about certain bands as if you were there when it happended.

Some of your opinions of bands (and I truly do not mean JUST you, but other newer metal fans who chat online), whether you realize or not, are skewed by things you have "read" about online as opposed to experiencing it yourself firsthand when it happened (IE - from hearing the albums sequentially in order as they were released, seeing a band for the first time right after losing a key member, etc.)

This could go on and on and while with some of these bands, yes I don't listen to sequentially, i.e. Iced Earth, I actually do make it a point when looking into a band that I do listen to them sequentially. I do actually find that comment a little hypocritical considering this stemmed from a Diamond Head thread though, where I would think it would be obvious that I listened to their first three albums first. No way in hell would I listen to the crap after Canterbury. In fact, this is part of the reason I do not want to go see Diamond Head as I really don't like their output after Canterbury. But even if it wasn't sequential, what's the issue from liking a band in their original form opposed to their current incarnation? Do I think I'm the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Diamond Head or other bands we're mentioning? Absolutely not. All I'm stating is my preference of one incarnation of a band over another. I guess I don't see the real issue there. I never really speak as though I went through those changes at the time they happened, just my preference dude. Btw, I know this might seem to be me getting butthurt at your comments, but what you said doesn't bother me. I'm just trying to clarify my listening habits. Let's just leave it at that.