Diamond Head US tour

Wow, what an amazing show!
I am so glad I ended up going.
What helped seal the deal for me was the addition of BLACKFINGER, which is Eric Wagner's (former/orig frontman of TROUBLE) new band. Their sound was pretty much what you would expect from Wagner, (IE - heavy, but more in a psych than doom way. Think ST 1990 through Plastic Green Head, but not as catchy). They were decent but I wasn't blown away to be honest. They did end the set with AT THE END OF MY DAZE which made me happy as I hadn't seen Eric perform a TROUBLE song live in a few years now.

BANGALORE CHOIRE were interesting. While glam/heavy/hard/sleeze rock isn't my thing, these guys got the job done. Reece is a goofy looking guy but a good front man. He truly thinks he is a rock star, but you know what? For that genre, that's exactly what you need. The people there for them ate up every second of it, and they did get them going. As I said, not my thing, but it was better than expected, and fun to watch. They did do a cover of HELL HAMMER, which is from the one ACCEPT album Reece sang on. (Though I love how he said, "As you guys know I have a history with ACCEPT") I guess he forgot it was a VERY short one, but still uses it as a marketing tool today. I guess why the hell not! Whatever helps get the name out.

Finally DIAMOND HEAD! As I stated in another thread, I was skeptical after watching some recent footage with Nick Tart on vocals. All I can say is that must have been an off night. He was killer. Very energetic in his delivery and interaction with the crowd. Most of you have seen the setlist which is very LIGHTNING TO THE NATIONS heavy. Chicago got a treat in the addition of STREETS OF GOLD to the encore. The one song I REALLY wish they did was SHOOT OUT THE LIGHTS. Still a great performance. A bunch of hipsters there for HELPLESS and AM I EVIL ruined things for a lot of people, but I am tired of talking about it. If you are FB friends with Bob or I than you probably know all about this.

Oh - and Tailgaters is a killer venue! Never saw a lighting rig like that at a suburban club EVER! It is total arena ready. It was insane. (Well, at least I am assuming that Diamond Head aren't touring with their own rig, at least one THAT big). Good food too, with elevated seating areas so you can sit in back, have a beer or two or three with 2 baskets of fries, two baskets of wings, and chicken fingers, and have a good time!)

Hey this is a Chicago forum so of course I have to also talk about food!