Di'anno could have easily saved Maiden.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Yeah Blaze DID input a lot on the music. That's why X Factor and Virtual X1 are Maiden's worst two albums.

It's all subjective. Personally TXF is high up on my favourite Maiden albums list, whereas Killers is my least favourite offering.

If you're suggesting Blaze has no talent, just listen to his two solo albums - they both bury BNW.

Rainking said:
If you're suggesting Blaze has no talent, just listen to his two solo albums - they both bury BNW.

True. :)
But that still doesn't save Virtual XI from the gutter.

Rainking said:
It's all subjective. Personally TXF is high up on my favourite Maiden albums list, whereas Killers is my least favourite offering.

Yeah agreed it is all subjective. I don't think the Blaze era albums are total shit - they're just nowhere near as good as any other Maiden album (apart from possibly NPFTD).
I just think he's a SHIT singer with no power or range to his voice.

Rainking said:

BAH! Killers is my favorite album and the two Blaze albums are my least favorite. I think you need to go back and listen to the guitar work on this album. What's on TXF that's even comparable to "Murders in the Rue Morgue" "Gehngis Kahn" "Killers" or "Wrathchild". Killers has always been my favorite metal guitar album.

A monotone voice and boring songs weren't the only things that plagued Maiden during the Blaze era. Blaze never had Adrian Smith playing in the band on any of his albums. Adrian is a fabulous guitar player and IMO any albums he hasn't appeared on don't hold a candle to the ones he has. I don't know how anyone could be satisfied with Janick's work on TXF. Most of those songs are very forgettable and boring.

BNW was Maiden's best offering since Seventh Son.:devil:

Profånity said:
Blaze did help Maiden, he brought innovation and something new.

New? As in "crap songwriting and singing"? If so, we agree. BNW was Maidens first new album with Bruce back, and songs more akin to the 80's style Maiden, and it's the best since 7thSoa7thS. Coincidence?

possessed said:
A monotone voice and boring songs weren't the only things that plagued Maiden during the Blaze era. Blaze never had Adrian Smith playing in the band on any of his albums. Adrian is a fabulous guitar player and IMO any albums he hasn't appeared on don't hold a candle to the ones he has. I don't know how anyone could be satisfied with Janick's work on TXF. Most of those songs are very forgettable and boring.

You're an idiot!!!

I would have loved for Dianno to replace Dickenson but obviously being in a band is not just about vocal ability its also about personality and workability.
Also most of Iron Maiden's songs that break out of the Harris mode of continual Eminor-D-C progressions are penned by Smith. He for me is the hidden ingredient in that unfortuante lacunae in Maiden's discography, rather than Blaze who I thought singed up a storm with Wolfsbane. Great hard rock.
Dianno was a dream as a replacement. It was not going to happen. But hey it would be interesting to hear from Steve if he thought about it.
And for one poster putting down Killers I think you need a serious reality check in regards to the status that album is held in by long term Maiden fans, as another poster pointed out.
Brave New World is also seriously flawed with its litany of long drawn out intros. An eclectic approach like Killers might break them out of the mould I would argue.
I would love to hear a more direct album without the Harris indulgences for a change. He always does his most interesting bass playing on the songs that he doesn't write in the main.