Dick Sirloin's allpurpose European question thread

Dick Sirloin

please... stay safe
Jan 6, 2004
2 questions first:

1) If I go to Scandinavia, where do I go? I want to see purty landscapes and stuff, but it'd be nice to be near a city of some sort...

2) Where are all the best record shops in London? Oxford?

3) Already looking at trips to Paris, Dublin and maybe Edinburgh. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind, I'm already seeing all the Mediterrenean sights in August. Where MUST I go on one of those weekends?

For deep norwegian forests, go to Tromsø. If you want to see the midnight sun, which a lot of non-skandinavians find fascinating for some reason, you'll need to go a bit further north. Also, there are tons of "fjord towns" along our western cost that are gorgeus! I can drop some names if you're interested, but they'll be a pain in the ass to find if it's your first trip here...

Also, Paris pretty and all, but expensive as hell. :erk:

Don't know about record shops in London anymore. Camden is good to visit on a Sunday when the market is on. You might find some rare British vinyl...

(You really should google this before you go though because there are several good vinyl stores in London and you will probably find some vintage brit prog stuff that you like).

If it was a toss up between Dublin, Edinburgh, and Paris....ugh, I would have to say Paris. You should see Notre Dame, Louvre, etc.

Hopefully I'll be hitting all 3, but I don't know where to go for #4. I'm thinking maybe a Nordland country or Germany somewheres

mu.koenigsee.jpg

I pushed my brother into this lake once for fun.

Lizard: that's purty

Erik: would I get to chug vodka?

Is Amsterdam REALLY worth it? Anyone?

Haha, that would be a get-together of vast cosmic import... the very heavens would tremble

Dick Sirloin said:
Is Amsterdam REALLY worth it? Anyone?

I've heard mixed opinions. Some people have told me it was the best experience of there lives, others told me it was expensive/crowded and not really worth it.

were the people that loved it the typical american skeevy stoner? and those who didn't people with realistic views of what's going on around them? I think that would make a big difference in that one.

Chromatose said:
were the people that loved it the typical american skeevy stoner? and those who didn't people with realistic views of what's going on around them? I think that would make a big difference in that one.

Actually the two guys I know who seemed to enjoy it the most arent even marijuana smokers (although i think one of them did simply because he was in the city). One of the guys is a cheap bastard though, so him not enjoying it makes more sense. I think Max (MFJ) seemed to enjoy his time there greatly if I recall.