Dick Sirloin's allpurpose European question thread

En Vind Av Sorg said:
I think Max (MFJ) seemed to enjoy his time there greatly if I recall.

yeah, actually the best four days of my life so far. life-changing in every way.

just... to go there, see that fucking beautiful city and to BREATHE in that city and exist in it... to talk to the locals anywhere you want and have them be very friendly to you. to fucking see the canals and just iahfsaioufhasifhsafpashfoahsfhasufsahu GO THERE

MFJ said:
yeah, actually the best four days of my life so far. life-changing in every way.

just... to go there, see that fucking beautiful city and to BREATHE in that city and exist in it... to talk to the locals anywhere you want and have them be very friendly to you. to fucking see the canals and just iahfsaioufhasifhsafpashfoahsfhasufsahu GO THERE

Are you talking about Camden, NJ?

JayKeeley said:
Are you there already?

Jah, been here since 8 yesterday morning. A bunch of us got hammered yesterday and watched the England game, followed by a drunken trip on the tube, Indian food, and Hyde Park (beautiful). My only complaint is that the Virgin record store is waaaaaaaay overpriced (£16 per CD? ballocks)

Yeah, CD prices in London are a joke.

We used to peel the "sale price" stickers off shitty CDs and stick them back on to CDs we wanted to buy. But these were the days before bar code scanners (and the fact that we got caught and banned from the store on Oxford St). :loco:

Dick Sirloin said:
Jah, been here since 8 yesterday morning. A bunch of us got hammered yesterday and watched the England game, followed by a drunken trip on the tube, Indian food, and Hyde Park (beautiful). My only complaint is that the Virgin record store is waaaaaaaay overpriced (£16 per CD? ballocks)

Were you a "typical loud american" or did you do everything quiet like?

Hahaha... We tried to get excited when England scored. (It was at the pub Rising Sun on Tottenham Court). I'm amazed at how simple the tube system is, especially if you have an oyster card. So far I've: been to the Museum and St. Paul's Cathedral (though I haven't been in yet), the play "Titus Andronicus" in the Globe Theatre in Southwick, Depeche Mode in Hyde Park, eaten "filled bread" and I even took tea time yesterday in a local cafe in Bloomsbury. Going out to a pub tonight with some hot chix. I'm beginning to use the terms "toilet" and "khazi" a lot more. We might go to Wimbledon tomorrow, though I don't care two shits about tennis.

I've already determined that I'm going to live here one day, once I become a heavy metal superstar and make lots of £££££

is Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon this year? It might be worth yer while. She's purty.

lizard said:
LOL
Dick, did you stomp up to the counter and bluster that dammit, you weren't going to pay one cent more that what you would pay in Fayetteville
hahahaha was he wearing his seersucker suit, drinking a glass of iced tea and [insert other genteel southerner archetype here]?