Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

colour_of_darkness

New Metal Member
Sep 22, 2007
aodclick.worst-decision.com

'Internal Revolution' by Diecast is a stunning and powerful metal album, from one of the best bands Boston has ever produced. All of Diecast's songs feature a punishing combination of thundering drums, highly technical guitar riffs, and Paul Stoddard's amazing vocals. This melee of metal elements is combined into something that is elegant and has a dark primal beauty.

The album opens with its title track, 'Internal Revolution'. This song shows the full diversity of Stoddard's vocal ability; ranging from resonating clean singing, to hoarse demonic growls. Other tracks which sum up Diecast's sound include 'Never Forget', 'Weakness', and 'Nothing I Could Say'. The latter is a more 'easy-going' metal song, featuring almost enirely clean vocals, emotional lyrics, and a catchy chorus.

Another selling point for this album is its production, which is, for all intents and purposes, flawless. The drum sound is perfectly mastered, which accentuates the skill of drummer Dennis Pavia. The overall atmosphere and feel of the CD is stunning; one song after another of punchy, emotive metal, which climaxes with a melodic piano driven metal ballad called 'The Coldest Rain'.

There are very few faults at all with this CD, but the greatest is the lack of a blistering guitar solo. This cant be found anywhere. There are hints at the technical prowess of guitarists Kirk Kolaits and Jon Kita, but there isnt anywhere they have been able to truly flourish. This is a shame, but still cant detract from the immense power of this album.

I would recommend this to any fans of more melodic metal bands, such as All That Remains, Trivium (some of their older material) and Still Remains, and I would give this album a 5 out of 5. :headbang:

diecast_internalrevolution.jpg

Best band from around here is Shadows Fall, but there are dozens of other bands better than Diecast. Also, don't call it melodic metal. Trivium, Still Remains, All That Remains, etc are shitty metalcore.