DILEMNA: should i buy Mission of Burma tickets on the chance the Pixies will open?

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
soooo there's a rumour floating around that the Pixies may guest at the Mission of Burma show in Boston at Avalon on May 22nd. Tickets go on sale this Friday, so I have a couple of days to decide.

now i would like to see MoB even without the Pixies, but it's my roommate's birthday celebration that night, so I can't really go to MoB. if the Pixies are opening, though, he would want to go to that and do his birthday stuff a different night.

if this rumor has any legs I'm sure the show will sell out relatively quickly. so in the next couple of days i need to try to substantiate it even partially and convince Bill to sign on.

anyone heard anything? at all?

those rumors are floating around everywhere about the Pixies doing this and that. I wouldn't bet on it, in fact I highly doubt they'll do any secret shows and especially will not open for someone else. it just doesn't make sense.

yeah, yeah, true. although their first show in Boston is going to have to be spectacular in some way and a secret show opening for someone else--or even not opening, but "guesting with"--could fire up the city to buy $80 tickets to their REAL first show in a few months, right?