Dillinger Escape Plan and Botch

Norrin_Radd

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
What do you guys think of these OUTSTANDING bands?

I can't get Enough Dillinger. They are Some of the most technical metal heads around. In a Different way too. Very Different. Hard to explain.
Botch is a lot more Groovin', but still up there with the Sick Time sigs. Just not SUPER fast. So good though.

Speaking of these bands, I go see them Live in Seattle on the 24'th..... WEEEEEEEEE!

I'm a Believer.

Dillinger is pretty insane, I'm not a big fan of the hardcore vocals though. Haven't heard Botch, but will definately check em out now.

I like Dillinger Escape Plan a lot.

Some other bands in a similar vein:

Lethargy
Cryptopsy
Gorguts
Meshuggah
Fredrik Thordenal's Special Defects

Do you know of any other
bands which play really loud, really fast
all of the time ?

I like all of thos ebands you mentioned! All very good.
All though Lethargy are impossible to find :mad:

"Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects: Sol Niger Within" Is by far my favorite Cd in Existence. Not only is the music in a class all it's own, the lyrics are a super abstract decription of the beginning and end of the universe through the eyes of the universe as a sentient being. Nutty stuff. Fits perfectly with the music. As a being like that is beyond mortal comprehension, so is the Music!

If you like Cryptopsy and Gorguts (and why wouldn't you) then you WILL like Martyr. Another Crazy Canadian technical metal act. I like them best of all three of these Canadian bands. One of there guitar players in in Gorguts now (while still in Martyr). Must be something in the water where their from. I wouldn't mind getting some tech metalizer water, to bad I'm on the other side of Canada:(

So yeah, check Martyr out, or else!!!!!!!!..............

"Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects: Sol Niger Within" Is by far my favorite Cd in Existence. Not only is the music in a class all it's own, the lyrics are a super abstract decription of the beginning and end of the universe through the eyes of the universe as a sentient being. Nutty stuff. Fits perfectly with the music. As a being like that is beyond mortal comprehension, so is the Music!

If you like Cryptopsy and Gorguts (and why wouldn't you) then you WILL like Martyr. Another Crazy Canadian technical metal act. I like them best of all three of these Canadian bands. One of there guitar players in in Gorguts now (while still in Martyr). Must be something in the water where their from. I wouldn't mind getting some tech metalizer water, to bad I'm on the other side of Canada:(

Originally posted by Norrin_Radd

You can get it from
www.vvinyl.com

So that's what it was about.
I couldn't make heads or tails of
it. I thought it might
have some sort of X files thing going on.

Martyr totally rules but I'd put them
more in the class of
Theory In Practice ( another great
technical metal band by the way. I
can't wait to get their latest one ).

I was hoping for something where
the rhythm had the complete
bizarreness of Dilllinger Escape Plan
or Meshuggah ( along with the
rediculous speed ). I think I read
somewhere that they were
categorized as "math rock". Are there
any other "math rock" bands ?

Lethargy Discography '93 to '99 is at http://shop.relapse.com for $14. It has all of the songs they ever recorded. You can also get the new Mastodon CD Lifesblood (featuring the drummer and guitarist, I believe, from Lethargy) for $5 (it's an EP). Free shipping.

I know 'cause I just got 'em, he he he. Never much got into Dillinger, but I'll check out the other bands later on when I got more time.

Checked out Meshuggah and Special Defects. Meshuggah was pretty cool. I'd known about them for a long time, just never checked 'em out till now. Special Defects was cool for about 20 minutes, then it turned to a really boring, crappy keyboard solo for like 7 minutes and I lost interest. Martyr are pretty good, too. I haven't decided whether to pick theirs up or not.