Dim Carcosa sounds better now than ever before

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
dimcarcosa_2909.jpg

I always liked this album a lot. Three years ago I reviewed it and summed it up as an 8/10 album. Then I put it away for a year or so....

Listened to it today -- have to say, it sounds better today than evar!!1 :kickass:

"Victory or Valhalla (Last Man Standing)" is a song for the ages.

So this qualifies as an album that's grown on me. After owning it for a few years, I'd probably upgrade this to a 9/10 score.

EDIT: I also really like The Diabolic Serenades. Haven't heard any other AR, but Rubicon sucked major ass, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

There is a thread for this type of thing you know :loco:

Well, I got over excited and wanted to dedicate all attention to this band. :loco:

The album cover looks interesting... what's the deal with this band?

Belgian, black metal origins dating back to early 90's....eventually evolved into a heavy metal 'pagan/viking' band. You can still hear the BM roots, but the riffs are much more MERCYFUL FATE now and the vocals are harsh mixed with clean/shouts.

They might be facists but who knows. :loco:

EDIT: sorry for lack of samples -- the work firewall prevents anything like that.

You might like Fatherland, the album between Diabolical Serenades and Dim Carcosa. I preferred that one to DC.

I likes me some Fatherland and Dim Carcosa equally. Expect Dead_Lioness to come into this thread and gush about them too btw, shes a major fan of their work. :)