DiMarzio cliplock strap.

Gary Coreman

Aug 13, 2009
Dumb question, I guess... but I don't really like the idea of drilling the guitar body to make bigger screws fit in.

My case: LTD EC-1000.

Has anyone installed DiMarzio cliplocks on it?

The strap comes with a pair of black screws which are bigger, for Ibanez and such, and another pair of screws which seem slightly bigger than the LTD's...

Does anyone know if the LTD's screws will do the work with the DiMarzio cliplock on?

I fitted a dimarzio strap to my LTD. I used the screws that were already in the guitar. I just screwed the clip lock straps straight onto the guitar and also glued the screws in place. The scraps are fixed ie. they don't swing/move around which is ok for me and mean't i didn't have to make bigger holes for the dimarzio screws.
does that make sense?

i have always used this straps and i´ve never needed to drill a bigger hole. I really trust this straps, once i dropped one guitar because a strap slipped i´ve changed all the straps for clip locks

I fitted a dimarzio strap to my LTD. I used the screws that were already in the guitar. I just screwed the clip lock straps straight onto the guitar and also glued the screws in place. The scraps are fixed ie. they don't swing/move around which is ok for me and mean't i didn't have to make bigger holes for the dimarzio screws.
does that make sense?

Yes, thanks.

I'd just have to glue those bastards to make sure nothing else happens...

When you say the scraps (straps?) "don't swing", you mean they don't rotate on the "axis" (screw) in ANY way? that got me a bit confused... sorry.

i have always used this straps and i´ve never needed to drill a bigger hole. I really trust this straps, once i dropped one guitar because a strap slipped i´ve changed all the straps for clip locks

Hell yeah, they are the best for sure...

Thing is, I don't want to get my new guitar drilled. I had a cliplock installed on my Ibanez by a luthier, but who knows what that guy did back then. Now I want to make sure nothing weird happens.

Yes, thanks.

I'd just have to glue those bastards to make sure nothing else happens...

When you say the scraps (straps?) "don't swing", you mean they don't rotate on the "axis" (screw) in ANY way? that got me a bit confused... sorry.

yes exactly. I don't think its a problem. i kept the original strap hooks on the guitar also to top the strap lock slipping over the head of the screw.

I would try to put the smaller set of screws in there and see if they fit. They may be a bit more snug but they should be fine. I've put those cliplocks on all of my guitars, never had an issue.

Thanks, folks.

16S: I'm still not getting your picture quite well... sorry. Strap hooks? haha goddamn it, so many terms got me confused.

If what you're saying implies "cero flexibility" in terms of moving on stage with the guitar and stuff like that, it won't work for me.

I'm gonna try a few combinations and see which one suits the guitar better... won't play around with it much, though, as I don't want to loose the screw holes.

Dude... For my EC-1000 I just used the orginal strap screws when I installed a DiMarzio Cliplock strap...

I've nearly always used the smaller screws which come with the Cliplocks, they work perfectly. They're always a bit bigger than the originals, but that's not an issue, I just screw them in by hand with a normal screwdriver. No modifications are needed.

Some Ibanezes need the bigger black screws though (which are also included), both BTB's I had had bigger holes so I needed to use them. Though on the BTB555 I couldn't get the black one deep enough into the hole behind the bridge, so I stuffed some matches (with the tip removed) into the hole and screwed the smaller one there. So it had one of both then, but that didn't bother me at all.