Dimebag Darrel Shot

Just thought i'd post this even though i am personally not a big fan of pantera/damageplan etc. Did any of you liked his shit? I know for a fact he was a terribly good guitarist/composer. It is said that the guy who did this shouted "that's for destroying Pantera" and then started shooting or something like that. Funny cause in this way, there is certainly no Pantera reunion comming any time soon...
I also am impressed cause shit like that always seems to be happening in the US only. I have never heard anybody getting shot in a concert in Europe. Even when bands played in extreme 3rd world countries outside Europe(Ankara-Turkey for example - extremely close to Iraq!) nothing like that has ever happened. And after this they are thinking of putting metal detectors in gigs! imagine that. Your thoughts?

It shocked the hell out of me when I heard the news. I was deeply saddened by Dime's death. Pantera was, and still is one of my favorite bands. Dime was one of the best guitarists ever, and he was also one of the nicest people ever. I was lucky enough to meet him on the Reinventing the Steal tour, and he really went out of way to meet and hang with the fans.

R.I.P. Dime, see you at the cemetery gates!

I have heard some radical things like the promoters bringing metal detectors in gigs full body search outside the concert and so on, none of this is possible of course but it IS shocking to think about it. I hope none of this shit happens again, especially when heavy metal super-stars are involved. Go shoot musicians of other genre's f#ckers! I could point a few.. (just kidding?) of corpse hahahah

Phil Anselmo interview Metal Hammer UK: "Dimebag deserves a good beating"
Well i think his wishes came true.
How can he talk like that for such a good guitarist/mucisian?
If someone influenced Dimebag's murder i reckon it was this dude right here. Although i feel i don't know half of the story. "that's for destroying pantera" (...)

T999 said:
Phil Anselmo interview Metal Hammer UK: "Dimebag deserves a good beating"
Well i think his wishes came true.
How can he talk like that for such a good guitarist/mucisian?
If someone influenced Dimebag's murder i reckon it was this dude right here. Although i feel i don't know half of the story. "that's for destroying pantera" (...)
Ok, I'm one of the very few that's going to come to Phil's defence. I think his last 2 sentances in his statement he gave to the media speak for themselves. "I hope you're happy, heavy metal music magazines, media, I hope you're happy. I'm done." When you take the time and think about it, the media has feuled the feud between Dime/Vinnie and Phil. People are acting like Phil dosen't have the right to speak highly of Dime because of the shit that's been flung from both parties in the past couple of years. You cannot be friends/bandmates with somebody as long as Phil and Dime were and cannot be devastated by something like this. The media had a hard-on everytime Dime/Vinnie or Phil said something about eachother, and they took everything way out of context. I'm not defending the comments Phil made a few weeks before the murder, but you cannot deny the fact that the media blew the feud between Phil and Dime way out of proportion. No matter what was said about who, Phil's comments in his statment makes it clear that Dime was a brother to him, and everything that the media reported was pure shit talk. The media is a stong thing, and in this case, it was harmfull.

I wouldnt be surprised if what you say is 100% true.
The metal hammer edition with phil's comments has a huge picture of him and "dimebag deserves a good beating" WRITTEN ALL OVER THE FRONT COVER... I never had anything against Phil, yet this shit seem strange indeed. It is obvious that this murder was influenced by comments and interviews from all pantera ex members. PLUS keep in mind that interviews can be altered by the "reporters" to produce jucier material.. Now they have a story in their hands for the next 3 years at least. Books will be published, magazines will dedicate pages and pages for this incident, it is how the music industry is today etc etc etc. Aint no business like show business...