Dimebag Memorial Review

Dredd74 said:
Yeah, not just saying this cause they're my fav., but they truly did blow the pants off everyone else last night.

Agreed.

It's sad to say, but I haven't seen Anthrax live since '89 and I was so blown away last night it's like I fell in love with this band all over again.

I had always been more partial to Metallica...I always felt that no matter how shitty the albums were, they were on another level in concert.
Last night I saw Anthrax on a level I've seen no band in a long fucking time.

The frenzy during the break in Indians was something I haven't seen in a crowd in ages. Nice to have actual crowd action instead of the typical TRL crowd standing around staring at the stage.

Sounds AWESOME. THanks to all for sharing...

Dredd74 said:
What a fucking kick ass show!!!! My mind is still fucked so bare with me. First off, parking was a rip, $40.00 fucking bucks!!! we parked about a 1/2 mile away, screw paying that. The line to get in took forever, we missed Soil and part of Drowning Pool. What I saw of Drowning Pool was great. Anthrax came on at about 8:15, this is what I remember of the setlist, not sure if it's in order.

Fucking Hostile - this fucking rocked!!!!
Caught In A Mosh
Safe Home
Inside Out
Anti-Social
What Doesn't Die
Indians
A New Level* with Vinnie Paul on drums

IT WAS INTENSE!!!!

Before Disturbed took the stage they played a short movie with clips of Dime. Disturbed finished with Walk, with Vinnie on drums and members from all the bands, including Damageplan and Slipknot on stage. After that they did Cold Gin to top the night off. Sorry this isn't more detailed, but I'm drunk and tired. Goodnight all.

Dredd74 said:
What a fucking kick ass show!!!! My mind is still fucked so bare with me. First off, parking was a rip, $40.00 fucking bucks!!! we parked about a 1/2 mile away, screw paying that. The line to get in took forever, we missed Soil and part of Drowning Pool. What I saw of Drowning Pool was great. Anthrax came on at about 8:15, this is what I remember of the setlist, not sure if it's in order.

Fucking Hostile - this fucking rocked!!!!
Caught In A Mosh
Safe Home
Inside Out
Anti-Social
What Doesn't Die
Indians

IT WAS INTENSE!!!!

Before Disturbed took the stage they played a short movie with clips of Dime. Disturbed finished with Walk, with Vinnie on drums and members from all the bands, including Damageplan and Slipknot on stage. After that they did Cold Gin to top the night off. Sorry this isn't more detailed, but I'm drunk and tired. Goodnight all.

Fucking Hostile
Caught In A Mosh
Safe Home
Inside Out
What Doesn't Die
Antisocial
Indians

"Antisocial" was after "What Doesn't Die."

I thought for sure going into the show that they would have played in the intro to Cadillac Rock Box, where Dime was on the answering machine and then played the song..

Anthrax's set was 45 minutes yet highly effective to say the least. Proved that today's line up of Anthrax is the most powerful. Could you imagine if that was their exact set at Ozzfest??

I guess I can't say enough about the show the other night. When Vinnie peaked his head out for the first time behind stage I just lit up (and no, I don't mean a joint). I didn't know whether to scream or cry. I just wanted to give that guy a hug for his courage to show up and for the fight in his heart that he has. A friend of mine had thought he spotted him at Midway airport on Monday. I was hoping it was true. Damn if it was!

I spent WAYY too much money. The only solace I had was knowning that the ticket money and merch money was going to a good cause. Don't get me started on parking or beer prices though.

I was really only there to see Soil and Anthrax ( and of course Vinnie). The other two bands could have taken a hike for all I care, though it was cool of them to take part in this show. It was my first time seeing Anthrax, and I must say I was blown away. I have a knack for standing JUST in the exact spot where a pit breaks out for some reason. That's where I was, on the bring of the huge pit. My Pantera bandana got knocked off but I was able to retrieve it quickly. I didn't mind getting nudged or stepped on...the general comraderie of the crowd was just so awesome.

I was happy to be a part of it. "Getcha Pull!" Definitely.